SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bird Box on Netflix.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bird Box on Netflix. Login/Join 
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
The more you learn about Sandra Bullock, you will see how the movie fit into her agenda and what its metaphor was.

http://m.tmz.com/#!2010/04/28/...sh-racism-interview/

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
The wife and I enjoyed it the other night.

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5295 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I first watched it, I didn't really care for it (story wise). I read a review (Link)
afterwards that made me rethink my perspective on the movie. The review theorized that the monsters are actually social media and that the whole thing is just a metaphor for the damage and destruction that social media can cause. It theorized that the people that don't die are representative of online trolls.

Viewing the movie through this lens made it more enjoyable for me. A also thought the acting was pretty good.

Posts: 728 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogB:
The more you learn about Sandra Bullock, you will see how the movie fit into her agenda and what its metaphor was.

http://m.tmz.com/#!2010/04/28/...sh-racism-interview/

I used to be a big fan of hers but when she started supporting and promoting that racist so-called comedian George Lopez, I lost a lot of respect for her. From that point it's been downhill as far as my desire to see her in anything.

I did watch Birdbox as the synopsis sounded interesting, but was disappointed and learned my lesson about viewing any future movies with her in them.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Any one catch the P series pistol that Sandra had? Not sure what it was, I didn't want to rewind cause the wife was watching intently.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
Any one catch the P series pistol that Sandra had? Not sure what it was, I didn't want to rewind cause the wife was watching intently.

I think it sounded like a P220 but I was too afraid to look. Wink Actually, from the size of the pistol and the squared trigger guard, my initial thought was P220/P226. In this first photo, it looks like a 9mm or possibly a .40 S&W.
However in the second photo, the narrow cocking serrations and slide profile point to a P229. With the squared trigger guard it could possibly be a P229 Legacy E2 though I can't identify an accessory rail. I'm sure someone will come along shortly with a positive ID. Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hjs157,

Posts: 3505 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Just finished watching it.

I think there is a continuity error in her pistol.
In the pics above (which come “first”) it appears to be a railed 229.

However, later on there is a clear scene where it’s a 228.

Overall, not a bad movie. B-/C+

Posts: 12541 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned/Thief
posted Hide Post
I just saw and really like it. its like watching another Episode of Xfiles

Posts: 92 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 31, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought she lost her first gun on the boat?

I'll have to watch it again.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned/Thief
posted Hide Post
i would have love it more if they show the entity causing the genocide.

Posts: 92 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 31, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zeus007:
i would have love it more if they show the entity causing the genocide.

Well, that would detract from its portrayal as a poetic allegory of our times. Roll Eyes

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8330 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post