SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bird Box on Netflix.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bird Box on Netflix. Login/Join 
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted
I really enjoyed this movie. It's worth a watch!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Aeteocles,

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
My GF wanted to watch it; it's not one that I would've picked. Thought is was well done and enjoyable.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was not bad but I wish they would show a little of what they saw and not just leave it to the imagination,( I know it's more book like). The pictures helped somewhat but could have been more interesting.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Watched it w/ the GF last night.
8say yes, recommended.

I enjoyed the mystery of the “spirits” or whatever. Movies today dumb things down too much, IMO.

Posts: 6288 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
I don't care for sci-fi or zombie type stuff but I just gave it a shot.
I like it better than I thought I would.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4117 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
I dunno.

My wife had it on the other day. I missed the beginning but could not get into the story line. It was a bit far fetched for me. I’ll pass.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Started watching it, gave up after Almost 40 minutes into it. Then Watched my wife Watch it.

Reminded me of the latest Emily Blunt movie And a bunch of similar dissapointing others. Wife enjoyed it.

As a rule, I avoid Sandra's movies. I wanted to Watch Bad times at El Royale. Still do.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
i think it's on netflix..., don't see it on amazon.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
We enjoyed it.

Sorta had the M. Night feel to it.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by f2:
i think it's on netflix..., don't see it on amazon.

Ah, right. I meant Netflix.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:
As a rule, I avoid Sandra's movies.

That's an interesting point, as mine is generally the opposite.

I usually think, "If Sandra Bullock is in it, I'll watch it." But for some reason, this one doesn't seem attractive to me.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
I liked it well enough

Posts: 1804 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
I wish they would show a little of what they saw and not just leave it to the imagination

My take is that the reason not to show it is because everyone sees something different. The lady who walked out of the house and calmly stepped into the burning car said something about her mother. Almost as if she saw her mother. My guess is that whatever type of entity it is, it presents differently to each person.

Posts: 2280 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
IMO the best monster movies never or barely show the monster.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:
As a rule, I avoid Sandra's movies.

That's an interesting point, as mine is generally the opposite.

I usually think, "If Sandra Bullock is in it, I'll watch it." But for some reason, this one doesn't seem attractive to me.

I watched it because she was in it. Now I wish I had the time I wasted watching it back.

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^I thought it was incredibly bad and just a ripoff of “A Quiet Place” which I also thought was not very good.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5149 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
I'd pick any Twilight Zone episode at random as being superior to this almost laughable mess of a movie

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1487 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Watched it last night with the wife, we thought it was decent.

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was okay. I wanted more back story on the creature or the incident.

Posts: 907 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
This movie seemed like a cross between A Quiet Place” and “The Happening”. There were a lot of suspenseful moments, but overall I wasn’t all that impressed. The feel-good ending was more than a bit implausible. Unless humans could develop some kind of synthetic 3-d vision goggles, they’d be doomed if they couldn’t scavenge supplies effectively. A world of blind people couldn’t last for long.

I couldn’t understand how or why the “creatures” could make bushes shake violently, but couldn’t muster enough energy to get poorly affixed eye coverings off of people.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post