SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Check out the film "Good Will Hunting".
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Check out the film "Good Will Hunting". Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted
Good Will Hunting

Maybe I'm just late for this show: I missed it when it was released in 1997. My GF and I usually get together for supper and a movie on Thursdays. She picked this one partly because she knows that I was a math minor and have an interest in mathematics.

This is an outstanding film with a brilliant performance by Robin Williams, for which he received an Oscar for Best Supporting Actor.

Check it out-you won't be sorry.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15477 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Jim....it’s not your fault.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Haaaa! Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15477 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
“Do you like apples?”

I should watch it all in one sitting sometime.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I teach this shit, I didn't say I know how to do it."

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
"Sky rockets in flight..."

Great movie. Interestingly, the original concept was for a genius-level John Wick type to be targeted by government heavies.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16319 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm just late for this show: .... it was released in 1997

Only 22 years. Smile

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I wuz busy doing other shit, Jez... Roll Eyes Big Grin

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
IS THERE ANOTHER VCR IN THE HOUSE!

You are just about 20 years late to the dance Big Grin

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I'm glad you finally got to watch it, Jim. Great flick, and if you weren't aware, was the breakout role for both Damon and Affleck, who wrote it together.

It gets a lot of hate from some folks because it's Damon and Affleck, but I think it's a great piece of work from some talented folks. One of my absolute favorite performances by Williams, easily. I had quite a thing for Minnie Driver for some time after this came out. Big Grin

And yeah, there's some good lines in it.

"My boy's wicked smaht."

"Why? Because fuck him. That's why."

"And why does he hang out with those retarded gorillas, as you called them? Because any one of them, if he asked them to, would take a fucking bat to your head, okay? It's called loyalty."

"Sonofabitch stole my line..."

Now you need to watch Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. Just trust me on this one.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
Good Will Hunting

math minor and have an interest in mathematics.

I never knew this Jim. Is this why you went to pharmacy school, because you were so good at counting by 5’s? Big Grin
(Coming from a pharmacist of 16 years, almost 15 in retail. I was great at counting by 5’s.... Wink . Thank God I got out of the hell hole of retail).

And yes, great movie.

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
It IS a great movie and it was just a couple of years ago when I finally saw it for the first time.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38648 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Now you need to watch Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. Just trust me on this one.

It's a long movie to watch for one joke.

Posts: 3185 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Rip Van Shugart

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
quote:

It's a long movie to watch for one joke.

Well, no shit. But way to skip the actual joke and go right to the punchline with that thumbnail for the clip. Roll Eyes

It's also not the only joke in the movie, but ok.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Good flick, may be worth another watch.

By the way, there’s this new movie out called Gone With The Wind - you should check it out! Razz Big Grin

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
You might also like the film "Saving Private Ryan", which takes place during the most recent World War.

(We won, BTW.)

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Para, they're picking on me again, please make them...Oh, never mind. Big Grin

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Big Grin

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38648 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Min-Chin-Chu-Ru... Speed with Glare
posted Hide Post
quote:
I had quite a thing for Minnie Driver for some time after this came out. Big Grin

Check Minnie Driver out if you haven't already in "Gross Point Blank."

Posts: 1266 | Location: MA | Registered: December 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post