SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Who's your favorite supporting character in Seinfeld?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who's your favorite supporting character in Seinfeld? Login/Join 
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I like Mr. Lippmann, Elaine’s boss who didn’t allow ink pens. It’s one of the most tightly written episodes.

You have the abstract art you have to stare at. George being thought a bum by his girlfriend’s family. Ends up figuring out the art in the bathroom but forgets to dress again coming out of the bathroom. Then Lippmann getting ink stripes on his jacket and his upper lip and doesn’t notice because he too just figured out the abstract art. He ends up giving a heil Hitler salute at the end of a speech he was giving.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19582 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Izzy Mandelbaum.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x53jpd

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
I like Mr. Lippmann, Elaine’s boss who didn’t allow ink pens. It’s one of the most tightly written episodes.

You have the abstract art you have to stare at. George being thought a bum by his girlfriend’s family. Ends up figuring out the art in the bathroom but forgets to dress again coming out of the bathroom. Then Lippmann getting ink stripes on his jacket and his upper lip and doesn’t notice because he too just figured out the abstract art. He ends up giving a heil Hitler salute at the end of a speech he was giving.

Mr. Pitt was the one who didn't allow fountain pens.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
I like Mr. Lippmann...

One of my favorite moments, so subtle -- Lippman meets some Japanese business men. He has a cold and doesn't want to shake hands. As he realizes the others misunderstand his problem, Lippman (Richard Fancy) semi-panics, knees slightly buckle, stammers, pure genius acting.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My idea of growing old gracefully is to continually strive to be more like Frank Costanza.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:

Mr. Pitt was the one who didn't allow fountain pens.

Dang, and I even googled for a list of Seinfeld characters. Thanks for the correction.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19582 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
They're real, and they're SPECTACULAR!

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:
[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/n-gFcx5ihcI" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

+1

“Thank you, Elaine, for a job ... done.”

Posts: 4449 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For a minor character I liked Jack Klumpus (sp?), the old guy who lives near the Seinfelds who gives Jerry the astronaut pen. He figures prominently in other episodes as well, such as the tip calculator one and the beltless trenchcoat.

I also loved Tor, the holistic healer who turns George purple.

Posts: 1698 | Location: USA | Registered: October 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Putty is my favorite and I also like his character in Rules of Engagement.

More minor favorites: Kruger, Jackie, and whoever did the voice for Steinbrenner.

Michael

Posts: 1093 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mdblanton:

More minor favorites: Kruger, Jackie, and whoever did the voice for Steinbrenner.

Michael

Steinbrenner was played by Larry David.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mdblanton:

Michael
Putty was awesome! I DVR all the rules of engagement shows. Mr Pitt was great and I think in that episode it was Moleand Springs water. I love this thread and makes me smile at all of the responses. Thanks All ! We watch the reruns all the time. Probably the best sitcom of all time.

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about Brad Garrett as the obsessive mechanic, who steals Jerry's Saab. "You don't try, you do it!"

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
Steinbrenner was played by Larry David.

Interesting...I never knew that. I always thought it was the person playing Steinbrenner that spoke the lines.

I'd have to go with Newman as my favorite supporting character.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Newman, he gets the gold.

Frank gets the silver.

Estelle gets the bronze.

Posts: 3128 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post