New
Find
Notify
Tools

Justice League Login/Join 
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted
I liked it. A lot. I am admittedly a DC comics fanboy

I was lukewarm about Batman vs Superman until I saw the directors cut which I thought was much better

I thought this movie was exactly what it should have been. Critics complain about the villain but I am glad they spent more time on the heroes

I will see it again

Oh and

Holy hell Gal Gadot is hot.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
She is absolutely HOT!

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I liked it but not a lot.

I try not to be to critical of movies and enjoy them for what they are but the things that stood out to me where the forced dialog/humorous moments that most appeared to be reshoot's to me and the fact that it needed to be 20-30 minutes longer.

Like Batman vs Superman, the directors cut will probably be much better and hopefully closer to 3 hours long instead of barely 2.

And yes Gal is a lovely woman.

Posts: 2489 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I still think DC needs to do solo hero movies rather than these ensemble movies, but this was much better than I was expecting. I’m extremely disappointed in two aspects of the movie, though I’m sure one will be rectified in the next Justice League.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Does Cyborg really throw Aquaman so Aquaman can throw his trident at one bad guy? Like in the trailer?

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9154 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Will see it on Blu-Ray in 3-4 months Big Grin

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12626 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great villains most often make great movies. Why can't directors and writers learn this lesson.?

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3531 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want to take the family to see it just because it is kind of our thing. I am not crazy about Affleck in the role of batman but did like his portrayal in The Accountant.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Just returned from seeing it and a few things stuck out. The humor seemed a bit forced and out
Of place, as previously it needed to be longer, and the cinematography was great and made the characters seem larger than life. Still, I thoroughly enjoyed it overall and extremely pleased they made this movie. The comics of my youth are alive. There are two scenes to watch after the movie.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got back from seeing with my 10 year old twins...my daughter thoroughly loved all of the Wonder Woman parts...

It was pretty fun...and Gal is smoking hot.

Posts: 716 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Just got back from seeing it and I really enjoyed it. Some great character interaction and of course great action itself, even if quite a lot of CGI.

Spoilers below!!!!!!
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X

Only qualm I had was how they brought superman back. I feel like them digging him up and reviving him with the ship like they did with doomsday was sort of weak. It takes away from the superiority that is superman in my opinion. I read that in the comic he had a dream where he saw his dad and was told it wasn't his time to die so he woke up. The dirt rising off the casket in Batman V Superman seemed to suggest this though per this movie I guess he really was dead and if not for them "pet sematarying" him he would have stayed dead, which is stupid. Other than that it was a great entertaining flick.

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I would love to see Snyder's original directors cut with 30 more minutes

I went and saw it again with my wife and best friend today, and I liked it even more

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I think the film displayed that Batman is really just a human.

Also like how Superman pulled the "do you bleed? line on Batman. Big Grin

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Flash's lightning was way overdone for such a dark film. Sort of like they were using it to cover for bad film visuals. Maybe they were taking a chance trying to differentiate his speed force from other speedsters. Problem, for me, was the contrast of such a dark movie was obnoxious and distracting.

Posts: 2011 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
Does Cyborg really throw Aquaman so Aquaman can throw his trident at one bad guy? Like in the trailer?

Yes

Posts: 4585 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Did you notice that Superman was CGI’d the whole time? So apparently he was filming Mission Impossible 6 at the same time that required a mustache. His mustache was then CGI’d out for Justice league that’s why his face looked weird.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
The wife and I were planning to see Justice League but we wanted to watch Wonder Woman first. We trudged though it today. After that, I think we'll pass on JL. Every DC movie so far has been a huge disappointment.

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Since we're discussing Superman openly despite the trailers not mentioning him at all in order to achieve surprise, I guess I'll chime in and agree with everything said by LincolnSixEcho.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
The wife and I were planning to see Justice League but we wanted to watch Wonder Woman first. We trudged though it today. After that, I think we'll pass on JL. Every DC movie so far has been a huge disappointment.

What didn't you like about the Wonder Woman film?

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:

What didn't you like about the Wonder Woman film?
Terribly slow paced. Stale story. Lame villain. Maybe you should ask me what we liked about it. I'll have to get back to you.

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post