SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Laugh Out Loud Movie Moments..
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Laugh Out Loud Movie Moments.. Login/Join 
Picture of just1tym
posted
Recently I've watched two movies that I haven't seen in quite awhile and had those laugh out loud moments, The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad and The Adams Family.

"Nice Beaver" scene in Naked Gun is always a good laugh and, in Adams Family when the kids are on stage at a school event sword fighting chopping off fake limbs and blood squirting all over the audience had me in stitches with the looks on their faces..priceless Big Grin

Anybody else watching some good comedy movies lately?

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Big Lebowski has that effect on me.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15973 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Airplane!

Posts: 19951 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe.

At the end, when Edmund lay mortally wounded, and the evil dwarf (who is also wounded and moving slowly) is dragging his big ax over to decapitate Edmund. It is sort of terrifying when one realizes Edmund can't move, and is just laying there helplessly watching the homicidal dwarf stumbling closer and closer and closer.

Then Susan shoots the dwarf with her bow. The dwarf yells "Aaagh!!!" and falls dead. We bust up laughing every time we see that. It is supposed to be a serious moment but it's very comical. I even made a ringtone from it:

Aaaaagh!!! *thump*
Aaaaagh!!! *thump*
Aaaaagh!!! *thump*
Aaaaagh!!! *thump*

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21820 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poacher
posted Hide Post
Porkys. Especially the scene in the principles office with the gym coach and lady teacher describing the penis.

NRA Life Member

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Teddy Roosevelt

Posts: 2242 | Location: Newnan, GA USA | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I have those moments during; Blazing Saddles, The Naked Gun series, most any of those 80's, 90's spoofs.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Pretty much anything from a Mel Brooks movie...but one of my favorite LOL characters is Nurse Diesel from High Anxiety ..."those who are tardy get no fruit cup" and pretty much everything involving her from then on Razz

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10576 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
"Chewing gum in line, eh? I hope you brought enough for everyone."
"I didn't know there was going to be so many".
BANG!
"Boy, is he strict".

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Poacher:
Porkys. Especially the scene in the principles office with the gym coach and lady teacher describing the penis.

This one. Every single time.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
It’s a mad, mad, mad world. Funniest chuckles for me that I can recall..

Posts: 13788 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
It’s a mad, mad, mad world. Funniest chuckles for me that I can recall..

I saw that in a movie theater when it first came out, and was grateful for the mid-show Intermission, letting us catch our breath again. I honestly think it was the funniest movie ever made!

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9117 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Superbad

Super Troopers

Diner

Animal House

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2380 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
To go with the it’s a mad mad world ref. Above I submit Rat Race. The seen where John Lovitz crashes Hitlers car into the veterans ceremony almost had me swallow my tongue. I rarely laugh crazily but that gets me just thinking about it. There are others but that is the one that leaps to mind.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7615 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
Pretty much anything from a Mel Brooks movie.. Razz

Oh yea, and who can forget Blazing Saddles, the toll booth in the desert is another of those scenes, especially when they send someone back to get a "shitload of dimes" Big Grin

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Something About Mary,...frank & beans...hair gel...

Posts: 14537 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
To go with the it’s a mad mad world ref. Above I submit Rat Race. The seen where John Lovitz crashes Hitlers car into the veterans ceremony almost had me swallow my tongue. I rarely laugh crazily but that gets me just thinking about it. There are others but that is the one that leaps to mind.

"Daaaaaaad!!! I'm gophering!!!"

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
Used Cars (1980), especially the scene with the illicit car commercial that preempts Carter's State of the Union Address featuring Gerrit Graham's "Sheriff" blasting Jack Warden's inventory with a shotgun.

Smiley Face (2007), esp. a stoned Anna Faris trying to make it from her apartment to her acting audition, at first failing at driving, then failing at taking the bus, and then running and arriving completely out of breath.

The Room (2003), esp. Tommy Wiseau's "Johnny" rushing to buy flowers in a flower shop in one of the film's numerous superfluous scenes.

Posts: 5577 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Huffman:
quote:
Originally posted by Poacher:

This one. Every single time.

It was last seen hanging out in the girls' locker room at Angel Beach High School,
The camera cut to Ike's picture.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
A couple of scenes in Beverly Hills Cop. When Axel first meets Serge at the art gallery. The scene at the private club when Axel goes to confront Victor Maitland and plays the guy with “Herpes Simplex 10.”

Posts: 13137 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Another vote for pretty much anything by Mel Brooks. Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein especially.

Down Periscope with Kelsey Grammer will have me rolling on the floor in spots.

The movie "Rumpelstiltskin" is stranger than a football bat, but there's one line where Ol' Rump says "Fucketh Me". Wife and I were watching and both of us missed the next 10 minutes of the movie, gasping for breath with tears running down our cheeks.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15157 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post