SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Night of the Living Dead
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Night of the Living Dead Login/Join 
posted
Somehow I missed the movie when it premeried in 1968. It was something else even in black and white. Lots of kids saw the movie when it came out, and it left quite an impression on some of them. I was wondering if others had seen this film as well.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Yes, its a classic!

The remake was filmed at a farmhouse that belonged to a client of ours.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
They're coming to get you Barbara!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Yes. Definitely a classic. George Romero didn't originally think of them as Zombies. I believe they were just called flesh eaters in the script.

The copyright got screwed up somehow, I don't remember the specifics, but it basically allowed anyone to copy and distribute the film. Romero got screwed out of a lot.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
The original was filmed about 8 miles from my house. Clairton, PA.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I like Zombie movies.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It sucks that George Romero got screwed out of the royalties of this movie.

Posts: 4648 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Its a good plot twist when the people that you are trapped with are as crazily dangerous as the zombies.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
They're dead, they're all messed up.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
They're dead, they're all messed up.

Loved that line. The police chief attire was special as well with the gut and bandolier across his chest and snazzy hat.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
imo, the 1978 Dawn of the Dead is the best one.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
They're coming to get you Barbara!

A great nod to that line was in "Shaun of the Dead" when Ed yells over the phone "We're coming to get you Barbara!".

Posts: 1645 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Shot on a budget of $114,000. Has grossed 300 times that since.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post