SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Greatest Showman
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Greatest Showman Login/Join 
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed it. I wasn't terribly pretentious, and the preachy didn't feel super preachy. Fun flick.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9153 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Anyone riding the fence on seeing this is missing out on a real spectacle. I'm not a big musical guy and went with the expectation that I would only like it at best. The whole family loved it, myself included.

Pretty much every major actor in the movie really sings their parts in the sound track; only the actress playing Jenny Lind did not.

I was very disappointed (not surprised- Hollyweird PCness) that it didn't win more awards, especially when turds like Get Out did. The show stealer was Hugh Jackman, who got his start on Broadway. He is one talented guy.

If you have not seen it, do so.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15559 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
The wife and I watched this tonight. Definitely one of the better "popcorn flicks" I've seen lately. Just straight, simple entertainment, with no flashy effects, convoluted storylines, or deep meaning.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
I loved this movie! I'm buying the soundtrack as I type this!

Posts: 11158 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I'll be the sour puss ....

It was not a great movie. The music and the costumes and everything may be enjoyable to most, but the actual story telling was bad. There was no real development of anyone, just snap! and they have learned a lesson and changed. It just moved way to quickly

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post