SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bruno Mars at The Apollo
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bruno Mars at The Apollo Login/Join 
posted
Anyone else watch this last night? My wife is a big fan so we watched but were both disappointed. You're expecting a new variation of Michael Jackson or Prince when you just watch the moves but I thought the music was awful except for the last song. It was so generic or canned, almost like "Bruno Mars sings elevator music". For anyone familiar with funk, it certainly did not qualify.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Apparently, I was the only one dumb enough to tune in.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
Apparently, I was the only one dumb enough to tune in.

Sorry, bud Big Grin

Posts: 13231 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I DVR'd it. Smile

Posts: 734 | Location: Tucson | Registered: May 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
His music is cheesy to me. Great for a corporate record label but he is just another Britney Spears or whatever, real bad pop music.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I watched it. Except for Uptown Funk and Just The Way You Are, I quickly tune out his songs and they don't really stand out to me and grab your attention.

His talented at dancing in the same way the Elvis was - more like hip movements to get the ladies hot. He's pretty talented though in instruments like he can play drums.

He can do with better original songs that grab your attention.

ETA: I know he's trying to brand himself with that short pants look but he needs classier clothes too.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19645 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw him on TV a time or two . I put him up there with that clown " Pitbull " . Both are useless .

Posts: 4048 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
His music is cheesy to me. Great for a corporate record label but he is just another Britney Spears or whatever, real bad pop music.

He was known as Peter Hernandez from a family of Hawaiian lounge acts and had bounced around various record labels. After changing his name and focusing on pop/R&B, labels signed him to larger contracts and thus Bruno Mars was born. He's largely manufactured, no doubt talented singer but, a corporate singer that's learned to play the game.

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He's a corporate singer/songwriter. He's written songs for many of the pop A list.

Posts: 734 | Location: Tucson | Registered: May 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post