SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    New LG OLED 65" C9 Television - Stunning!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New LG OLED 65" C9 Television - Stunning! Login/Join 
Picture of mcrimm
posted
My 10 year old Onkyo receiver was slowly taking a dump. This slow failure led me to start the search for a new receiver. I ended up with a Denon AVR-X4500H but that wasn't enough. We decided that a newer TV was in order since our 60" wasn't 4K nor was the Onkyo.

We hit Costco and ended up with a new 65" OLED as I mentioned in the subject line. Plus I added 2 Emotiva Atmos speakers to the mix to give me a 7.1.2 sound field in my living room. Next came a 4K DVD player and associated cables from Monoprice.

Now that it's all in place, we played some 4K stuff off of Amazon Prime. Stunning picture and sound. We played part one of Jack Ryan, season 2 and marveled at the picture and warm sound.

I discontinued Dish Network (after 19 years) last month and subscribed to YouTube TV for about a third the price. That, plus Amazon Prime and Netflix will give us a good selection of high definition TV.

In the 17 years we have owned this house, we have gone from a huge (at the time) 32" direct view, 100# TV with only the built in speakers to what we have just purchased.

What will the next generation bring?

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Can I ask how much the c9 was at Costco? My 11 year old Samsung is on the fritz and I'm looking at doing something similar. I was thinking about another Samsung, but the list of negatives is pretty big, so I've been considering the c9 for a little while now.

Also, did you buy the Denon and Emotiva speakers at Costco? Our surround sound has 5 ceiling mounted speakers and a woofer in the corner and doesn't have much wall space to add another set of rear speakers (as I understand Atoms spec is a front center, left, and right. With mid and far rear right and left speakers).

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Enjoy it. I picked up a LG OLED 55" C8 a couple years ago when my Samsung had to be replaced. Going to OLED has been like night and day. Think about picking up a 4K blu ray player too. The picture quality is unbelievable.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2386 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
I'm jealous. My next TV will be an OLED, I just can't justify the cost at the moment. I'm hoping the price will come down on them but it seems to be holding pretty well.

Posts: 6350 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
My 65” LG was $2,150 with a 5 year warranty. My AVR came from Amazon and speakers from Emotiva. Atmos speakers are typically ceiling speakers. I don’t have access to my ceiling so I used reflectors.

https://emotiva.com/collection...products/airmotiv-a1

Samsung seems to have downgraded their TVs for 2020 according to what I’ve read.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
It better be nice for that much. Holy Cow!.

Posts: 5318 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Yes, but my first flat screen cost more then that over 10 years ago. It is a 46” Sony XBR hanging in my bedroom.

Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Ditto...waiting til Holidays for good price on a 65" CX OLED...

I think people facing the prospect of being stuck inside with COVID lockdown drove the TV sales market...

Was curious and looking at Best Buy at the beginning of the crisis and a lot of the large mid-range Samsung TVs were out of stock.

quote:
Originally posted by ryan81986:
I'm jealous. My next TV will be an OLED, I just can't justify the cost at the moment. I'm hoping the price will come down on them but it seems to be holding pretty well.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pistolria
posted Hide Post
I have the C9 as well. Check out the videos saved in the LG apps!

Posts: 672 | Location: Jacksonville Beach, FL | Registered: July 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post