SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    I’ve discovered Johnny Horton
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I’ve discovered Johnny Horton Login/Join 
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted
Ha! Man his songs are fun. I always smile when his songs come on the Sirius Radio 50s station (which is really good).

I’ve been on a 50’s music kick recently, especially when I’m doing projects around the house.

Here’s some “Battle of New Orleans”

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Don't forget North To Alaska.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Ha! Man his songs are fun. I always smile when his songs come on the Sirius Radio 50s station (which is really good).

I’ve been on a 50’s music kick recently, especially when I’m doing projects around the house.

Here’s some “Battle of New Orleans”

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="408" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9CnPv_1SVh0" width="725"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

I remembered the Brits were not amused when that song aired on radio.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
He had some pretty catchy tunes that were just fun to listen to. This one is my favorite.

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
I love his greatest hits album. It has a lot of great songs on it.

Posts: 1921 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
The little radio station in my home town was pretty much all country when I was a youngster. While the cities were all about top 40 and rock and roll, we had a steady diet of the country crooners. North to Alaska is a tune I sing(croak) to my people at times Big Grin

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
North to Alaska is a pretty good movie.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/SvsLRScM7uA

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
He had some great songs, that is for sure. I always liked "Springtime in Alaska".

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5035 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post