SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    What's the Most You Ever Lost in a Coin Toss?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's the Most You Ever Lost in a Coin Toss? Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Awe hell, they even shot the dog.
I believe the line is "Awe, Hell's Bells, they even shot the dog."

Yes, it is. I misremembered. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
No Country for Old Men is my favorite film.

It is remarkably faithful to the book and I'd recommend that you read it if you liked the film. The Coens knew what to leave alone.

Interesting little bit, honestly didn't even know it was based on a book Frown Gonna go see about buying it now.

ETA: Just bought the paperback on Amazon for little under $12, so im excited Big Grin

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2445 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
after you read No Country, definitely get The Road.
quote:
Originally posted by SigSauerP226:
ETA: Just bought the paperback on Amazon for little under $12, so im excited Big Grin
started getting my used books off of the bay. half the price of used Amazon and Abebooks, though Abebooks is sometimes a similar price.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
^^^ By the way, I always assumed this line stems from the fact that some of the taller buildings in large cities skipped floor #13. So when he went to the elevator, he noted the top floor number was one more than the actual number of floors. Correct assumption?

Some buildings have engineering levels, others have entire floors that are luxury apartments for bigwigs. Neither of these are listed in the passenger elevators.

V.

Posts: 328 | Location: Pacific NW | Registered: April 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by f2:
after you read No Country, definitely get The Road.
quote:
Originally posted by SigSauerP226:
started getting my used books off of the bay. half the price of used Amazon and Abebooks, though Abebooks is sometimes a similar price.

And then try "Blood Meridian," McCarthy's masterpiece.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
And then try "Blood Meridian," McCarthy's masterpiece.
I could never get through Blood Meridian or All the Pretty Horses (not very far into them iirc). I know I have a paperback BM, and probably AtPH also somewhere - and I will give them another try sooner or later. I breezed through The Road and No Country, and The Sunset Limited was also good.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post