SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Long Live The Fighters !
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Long Live The Fighters ! Login/Join 
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted
Tell me of your homeworld Usul.

Goofy movie, but I watch it every 5 years or so....

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Some thoughts have a certain sound, that being the equivalent to a form. Through sound and motion, you will be able to paralyze nerves, shatter bones, set fires, suffocate an enemy or burst his organs.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Stilgar, do we have wormsign?

Usul, we have wormsign the likes of which even GOD has never seen!

Posts: 7262 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Father! The sleeper has awakened!

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm really excited for the new movie, been reading the books lately.

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I prefer the miniseries version to Lynch's movie, but it is a great, great book.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
I think just the first book alone would take 2 or 3 movies to do it well...

The books got weird after about #3 and I never did finish the series. But the first book is definitely a classic.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
We will kill until no Harkonnen breathes Arakeen air.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
It's one of my favorite films.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
“Many men have tried.”

“They tried and failed?”

“They tried and died.”

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
He who can destroy a thing, controls a thing.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fear is the mind killer.

First read the book when I was a young teenager. Dune, Starship Troopers, and the Lord of the Rings are books I re-read every 3-4 years.

The movie does not do the book justice. The mini-series is better but there is still a lot of room for improvement. I really don't think you could make a good Dune movie with 1980's tech. Maybe now?

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I'll miss the sea, but a person needs new experiences. They jar something deep inside, allowing him to grow. Without change something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken.

quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Father! The sleeper has awakened!

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Movie? Not likely. HBO could do a hell of a mini series with it though.

“Bless the Maker and His water.
Bless the coming and going of Him.
May His passage cleanse the world.
May He keep the world for His people. ”

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SecurityGeek
posted Hide Post
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you was?"

- Satchel Paige

Posts: 194 | Location: Little Elm, Texas | Registered: April 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
"Mood is a thing for cattle, and love play, not for fighting!"

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
“I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post