SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    NCIS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NCIS Login/Join 
posted
Watched NCIS last night and noticed that Gibbs was carrying a 1911 and Torres appeared to have a P320 Carry ? Anyone else notice ?

rick

Posts: 44 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 1911 was mentioned a couple of episodes ago when they were doing their requalification shooting. It was noticed by Bishop - he mentioned it was his father's gun, and that he was going "old school".

I didn't notice the P320 - will have to check it out online.

Posts: 2768 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Yes, they gave the reason for Gibb's 1911.

It appears the Brit guy they have on loan carries a H&K USP?

Posts: 33604 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
I've not watched since Tony left. They jumped the shark in my opinion.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
It could be argued this show Jumped the Shark years before Tony leaving.

- After the death of Jenny

- After the departure of Ziva. Although it could be said that we lost Ziva long before the actress left. Her last couple seasons she could not win a fistfight and she was a whiny, vindictive crybaby. Not the ziva we met after Kate was killed. I always hated the Christmas episode where they are stranded in a snow storm, Gibbs is delivering the baby, and Ziva goes to fight the Russians. She could not shoot for crap and suddenly she forgot to fight. It was no wonder Coty said "F-this" and left.

- Whatever season it was that McGee got 'skinny' and his voice changed

- That Abbey still acts 22 years old

Truthfully I lost the show after the 100th episode. (when gibbs get shot in the diner and then stops himself from shooting the kid who shot him).

I hated the flashbacks and the whole, "what you do makes a difference" plot. It seemed too forced.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
I can agree with all of that. I held on though and just had enough when Tony left.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised the ratings are still strong. Folks must like the quirky chemistry character interactions with queued music tones over intelligent story lines I suppose. I tuned it in a few weeks ago and couldn't identify the show with some of the new cast members / bumbles. Hey, if Hawaii 5-0 can still be on the air with deplorably poor plots and Scott Caan imitating James Caan, folks must be hurting for entertainment value!

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
I noticed Torres was carrying a Sig but could not tell which model.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
I'm surprised the ratings are still strong. Folks must like the quirky chemistry character interactions with queued music tones over intelligent story lines I suppose. I tuned it in a few weeks ago and couldn't identify the show with some of the new cast members / bumbles.

I think they should change the name to: "The Addams Family does NCIS," as I'm starting to see a lot of similarities in the characters.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2073 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised that no one has jumped up and down because "NCIS CARRIES SIGS". Big Grin

Truth be known, they have an approved list of various personally owned weapons, and the 1911 is on the list.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Agreed!
quote:
Originally posted by ggile:
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
I'm surprised the ratings are still strong. Folks must like the quirky chemistry character interactions with queued music tones over intelligent story lines I suppose. I tuned it in a few weeks ago and couldn't identify the show with some of the new cast members / bumbles.

I think they should change the name to: "The Addams Family does NCIS," as I'm starting to see a lot of similarities in the characters.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I still like the show. It is one of the few where patriotism and service are still honored.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:

- Whatever season it was that McGee got 'skinny' and his voice changed

That was a big item my wife and i were following. We were speculating he was like terminally sick for real. Then we were glad when he gained back some pounds.

It's no longer on my "must not miss watching" list. My wife still watches it and if i'm around, I'll watch. I do so only to not miss Bull. That was an improvement over having LA NCIS following NCIS.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honor and Integrity
posted Hide Post
I lost interest when Zivas father was killed. I don't think I've watched a full episode since.

Posts: 2219 | Location: Fitchburg, WI | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the past I never missed NCIS; it was required viewing for me.

This season I've drifted away from it. If I'm home and have nothing else to do I might watch it but I don't make a point of it. The cast change didn't bother me when Michael Weatherly left. But now it seems like more of a soap opera between the cast members instead of a procedural crime drama.

I think it's running out of steam.

Posts: 238 | Registered: March 11, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
Wow, you guys are hard to please!

I like NCIS.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post