SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Hooked on Tedeschi Trucks Band
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hooked on Tedeschi Trucks Band Login/Join 
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted

Seriously hooked.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
They are a great band and Derek is unmistakably brilliant.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
excellent band,

and the Tiny Desk series is a great series to book mark on utube,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pistolria
posted Hide Post
TTB is fantastic, I've seen them live a few times always a great show!

Check out their Live from The Fox Oakland album!

Posts: 672 | Location: Jacksonville Beach, FL | Registered: July 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Big “yes.”

Posts: 13237 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Yeah, he/she/they are great.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Always been a big fan of Susan Tedeschi's music. Will have to dive into her new venture above when I get home and have time to go down the rabbit hole. I am sure it is going to be a fun journey. Thanks for the heads up.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1112 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Midnight In Harlem, nuff said.

Posts: 1840 | Registered: July 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Midnight in Harlem is outstanding. So’s this:

Posts: 13237 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
One of my favorites! been following Derek since about 1995 and Susan since her early solo days on local radio. Seen them many many times solo and TTB and various shows where they’ve sat in with folks. Both are super nice people. I once saw a kid bring a guitar to a show for Derek to sign, not only did he sign it, he invited the kid on the bus after the show to teach him a couple of guitar licks....the kid and his mom were floored by the offer! I remember talking to his Dad several times as he manned the T shirt booth back in the DTB days. Great music.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw a Derek and his band as an opener in Detroit in 2001. He hadn't really got into his thing yet or I would have noticed. Fast forward a couple years and I saw him twice with the Allman Brothers.

Then, it was clear that he was the heir to Duane Allman. The one that could continue in Duane's footsteps, but take it further. Like SRV was to Albert King.

He has progressed from there in the last decade and a half, far far from there. Just search YouTube for "Derek Trucks Solos" and you will be amazed.

And I liked Susan's "Hope and Desire" album in 2005 or so - lots of great Motown and Stax inspired songs on there, and her best singing IMO.

Posts: 4701 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post