SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Watched John Wick last night
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Watched John Wick last night Login/Join 
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted
Wife downloaded John Wick during a free weekend on DirectTV, I watched it last night.

Two things, Reeves can conjure up an excellent Jack Nickolson and the movie debunked the myth that if you fall 20 feet and land on your back it will do no damage if you are carrying SOB. Was than a G-26?

That is all.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, his backup pistol is a Glock 26.

In John Wick 2, he switched his HKs to Glocks since he's training at Taran Tactical.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
no more john wicks for me!

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Posts: 2257 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Why no more John Wicks? I haven't seen them yet, but from what I've read here, I really want to see both movies. Glad I'm not the only one late to the party.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2440 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I've got John Wick on a 4k blu-ray and it is just a great action movie, one of the best action flicks ever to me. Have not seen John Wick 2 yet but it should be in my mailbox Tuesday, I am sure looking forward to watching it.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I thought his backup in the original in the club scene was a PPS, and a g26 in the new one

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSauerP226:
Why no more John Wicks?

I think that was meant jokingly since John switched to Glocks in the second movie.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Two truly awesome action movies. I cant wait for part 3

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
I thought his backup in the original in the club scene was a PPS, and a g26 in the new one

For what it's worth, I've only seen the first one so far. I recall an H&K P30L and a Glock 26 as his two pistols in the first.

Posts: 385 | Registered: November 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Edit: you guys are right, it's a g26...my bad

I'd have to go back and rewatch. Admittedly I didn't look that hard. Definitely remember the P30L

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kevbo,

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
The bluray of JW2 is released on Tuesday. digitally, i believe its already available.

im excited to see the second one again

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Keanu finally found his niche. I liked both movies as they were very entertaining and there were actual magazine changes.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billr
posted Hide Post
Keanu did a really good job! Here's him training for John wick 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnB07wnDJL8

--
When you rest your steak and your whiskey upon the table you have made, you feel pretty goddamn tall for keeping those treats off the ground.

Posts: 2167 | Location: Arizona | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
His niche was filled in the original Point Break. He has been a bad ass since, Hawaiian style, Bigelow Point Break came out in 1991, Speed 1994. So he is a quarter century bad ass.

I'll tell you something about Reeves. Matrix 2/3, he basically gave away millions to everyone on the set. His millions went to makeup and set people. He gave the shit away. Now I see what he is doing.

https://youtu.be/oEBshO9w9VU

He is the coolest celebrity. Look up his youtube vids of him going AR/Pump/Pistol. For a f'ing actor, he is fast. The coolest thing is he stays OUT of politics, and just does his deal.

Bigelow could be a whole nuther discusssion. UTAH!! GET ME TWO!! and "This is for little rubber people who don't shave yet!"

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
Keanu finally found his niche. I liked both movies as they were very entertaining and there were actual magazine changes.

Crazy how most movies someone shoots 10-15 times with a 5 shot wheel gun. It is refreshing to see simple magazine changes and guns already chambered when shit gets real.

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I really enjoyed the first one, the second one did not hold my attention. Too much like a video game. To many improbable situations. Yes, suspension of disbelief and all that, but no. It was like a shoot'em up game.

If I were Mythbusters, the first was Probable, the second was Busted.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
The John Wicks are okay. I'm not a huge fan. It is impressive the amount of training that Keanu puts into his roles. I am not big on this whole underground crime network world - that's way too silly comic book-y for my tastes.

The action scenes feel too much like elaborately choreographed dance sequences. John Wick treats his fights like IPSC stages, walking around in the open knowing that if he's shot at he won't get hit because he's the eponymous character. He rarely takes cover or pies a corner.

All of Wick's victims always go down very simply with only one or two shots. I like my movie gunfights a little more messy. I grew up with '80s gunfights, like Mel Gibson emptying an entire Beretta mag into a guy's chest or Bruce Willis submachine-gunning a guy's kneecaps off in slow motion. I miss those days.

As far as glossy crime movies go, I'd much rather sit through the serious tone and grit of something like a Michael Mann film. I even thought Keanu was better in Street Kings. That's the first movie I've seen where a character properly decocks a pistol by using the hammer-drop safety instead of easing the hammer down for dramatic effect.

Posts: 5583 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LastCubScout:
I like my movie gunfights a little more messy. I grew up with '80s gunfights, like Mel Gibson emptying an entire Beretta mag into a guy's chest or Bruce Willis submachine-gunning a guy's kneecaps off in slow motion. I miss those days.

That's what I am talking about! As a kid I used to try to count Mel Gibson's shots when he made the smiley face, or when Bruce Willis shot that guy from under the table in the first Die Hard.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Enjoying Red, Red2, and now John Wick on USA. Went "all in" and ordered the John Wick DVD on amazon for $6.50. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16190 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I actually saw it for the first time last night. Never a good thing to go to the ground carrying SOB
from 3ft less 20ft.. I thought it was funny and a brilliant commercial and advertising for Hk, so glad I own a P30L Wink

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post