SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    If some of ya'll never been down south too much....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If some of ya'll never been down south too much.... Login/Join 
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted
I'm gonna tell you a little bit about this
So that you'll understand what I'm talkin' about...

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I guess this is a bit to obscure so I will cut right to the chase.
Tony Joe White and Poke Salad Annie.
No idea why this song came to mind I haven't heard it in years. Some old memory cells brought it to the top of the play list of my mind.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Yeah, was wondering if the person who did the video was Southern, since they spelled it wrong.

Pokeweed is extremely toxic if eaten raw and not prepared correctly,

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Great song. "A retched, spiteful, straight razor totin' woman"

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
Yeah, was wondering if the person who did the video was Southern, since they spelled it wrong.

"Only pick the small leaves". Also, leave the berries alone.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:

"Only pick the small leaves". Also, leave the berries alone.

POKE SALAD
1 to 2 lbs. Poke Salad
6 to 8 slices bacon
1 lg. onion
2 eggs

Pick and wash poke salad, bring to a rapid boil for 20 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold tepid water. Bring to a rapid boil, starting with cold water, for a second boil for 20 minutes. Again drain and rinse with cold tepid water. Now for the third time, starting over cold tepid water bring to a rapid boil for 20 more minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Let drain completely.

Meantime fry bacon and save drippings; set aside. Clean and cut onion in quarters. Take drained poke salad. Cook in fry pan that you fried your bacon. Add 1/4 cup of drippings and shortening from bacon. Add onion, 1/4 cup of water, salt to taste. Let steam fry until onions are sauteed, about 15 to 20 minutes. Serve and garnish with hard boiled egg and bacon.

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
"poke sallit" is the correct spelling

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
I guess this is a bit to obscure so I will cut right to the chase.

Not too obscure; just didn't see it till now. I was ready with only the title of your thread. You just had to be listening to Top 40 radio during the right era. And I was. Good song.

Posts: 2690 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check out his "Willie and Laura Mae Jones". One of the truest songs about race ever written.

Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot little puppies.

Gene Hill

Posts: 626 | Registered: July 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post