SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Movie: Wind River 2017
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Movie: Wind River 2017 Login/Join 
Member
posted
Just saw a pre screening for this movie. It was pretty good! General release for August 4. Bonus points to anyone who can ID the rifle and glass.




 
Posts: 4387 | Location: Colorado | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Certainly looking forward to it here in Wyoming. I used to supply trees to a Shoshone medicine man for the annual sun dance when I was District Ranger on the BTNF.


__________________________________________________________
When you’re happy, you enjoy the music.

When you’re sad, you understand the lyrics.
- George Jones
 
Posts: 8027 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
That looks like a good one. Wind River Canyon is one of the most beautiful places on earth, IMHO.


------------------------------
Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016
 
Posts: 2650 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Looks good.

The rifle is a Marlin 45-70 Guide Gun. The off center front sight gives it away. As Bear Claw Chris Lapp said, "Saw it right off."

Don't know about the glass.


________________________________________________________

"How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy." Winston Churchill
 
Posts: 15379 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer: The rifle is a Marlin 45-70 Guide Gun.


Thanks man!



 
Posts: 4387 | Location: Colorado | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Looks good, even if it's Thuderheart 2.0

There is some other movie that has a similar premise. I just can't remember which one.

But I'll still looking forward to this movie.
 
Posts: 1436 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I like the screewriter whose credits include Hell or highwater & Sicario. Taylor Sheridan, figured he’d be a lawman. His family was full of them, the most famous being former deputy U.S. marshal Parnell McNamara, who worked out of Waco very succesfully I might add & not far from the Sheridan family’s Bosque County property, and young Taylor saw him as a role model. It's translated into his screen adaptations and this should be a great movie Wink


_____________________________________________________________________
”At pretium libertatus“
امّا شما مشخص خواهد شد كه با همه شما را ملاقات کنند
 
Posts: 11017 | Location: Carolina but Texas in my heart | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Augen:
Looks good, even if it's Thuderheart 2.0

There is some other movie that has a similar premise. I just can't remember which one.

But I'll still looking forward to this movie.


The trailer immediately reminded me of "Shoot to Kill" with Poitier and Berenger.
 
Posts: 270 | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Saw this today. Somber, violent, depressing (at times), ultimately though, hopeful in the end. I liked it--a lot.

Renner and Graham Greene were outstanding, as was Gil Birmingham who played the father of the dead girl.


__________________________________________________________
When you’re happy, you enjoy the music.

When you’re sad, you understand the lyrics.
- George Jones
 
Posts: 8027 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I like Renner. I am in.


End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
 
Posts: 7460 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
The wife and I really enjoyed this movie. Renner did an excellent job.


Escape is not always the safest path.
 
Posts: 1283 | Location: central nj | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I saw it tonight. Renner and Greene were excellent.
45-70!


End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
 
Posts: 7460 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Really looking forward to it but it won't be at our little theater. Will need to wait a few months for AppleTV.


________________________________________________________

"How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy." Winston Churchill
 
Posts: 15379 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Augen:
Looks good, even if it's Thuderheart 2.0


That was the response from some native friends.

Good to see Graham Greene, always enjoyed his roles, wished he was in more movies given his distinctive voice and presence.
 
Posts: 8339 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Preview does look good, might have to check it out this Sunday - matinée price you know. Wink


------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.
 
Posts: 1298 | Location: Mt. Lebanon, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
There's a scene in the movie where Renner's character is walking in the woods with his arms at 90 degrees and the rifle resting in/on his forearms.

It seems that this is not the optimal way to walk through woods when you don't know what you may run into.
Do hunters walk through the woods like Renner's charactr did? If not, what is the ideal way to walk through the woods?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Jake
 
Posts: 206 | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imadat:
There's a scene in the movie where Renner's character is walking in the woods with his arms at 90 degrees and the rifle resting in/on his forearms.

It seems that this is not the optimal way to walk through woods when you don't know what you may run into.
Do hunters walk through the woods like Renner's charactr did? If not, what is the ideal way to walk through the woods?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Jake

I don't remember that particular scene or the circumstances, i.e. whether or not he was in imminent danger. Otherwise, cradled in your arms is the least tiring way to carry a rifle in the woods, that allows one to bring the rifle up with little motion that attracts the eye of game.


__________________________________________________________
When you’re happy, you enjoy the music.

When you’re sad, you understand the lyrics.
- George Jones
 
Posts: 8027 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of tenmm
posted Hide Post
Looks like an 1895 SBL, not the Guide Gun.


_______________________________________
Do you only play? Or can you shoot too?
 
Posts: 707 | Location: Alaska | Registered: December 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
Originally posted by imadat:
There's a scene in the movie where Renner's character is walking in the woods with his arms at 90 degrees and the rifle resting in/on his forearms.

It seems that this is not the optimal way to walk through woods when you don't know what you may run into.
Do hunters walk through the woods like Renner's charactr did? If not, what is the ideal way to walk through the woods?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Jake

I don't remember that particular scene or the circumstances, i.e. whether or not he was in imminent danger. Otherwise, cradled in your arms is the least tiring way to carry a rifle in the woods, that allows one to bring the rifle up with little motion that attracts the eye of game.

Haven't seen it yet, but from the description, you are correct. Lugging a heavy rifle around all day is more tiring than one might imagine, and that method makes it quite easy.


________________________________________________________

"How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy." Winston Churchill
 
Posts: 15379 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
sounds like it has some semblance of a story and some scenery
will go see it on Wednesday





Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.



Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first
 
Posts: 47209 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4 5  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Movie: Wind River 2017

© SIGforum 2018