SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Ford vs Ferrari trailer released
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ford vs Ferrari trailer released Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
Yes, I'll see it in the theaters. I mean V-8's and V-12's in surround sound! But Matt Damon as Carroll Shelby, really?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyYgDtY2AMY

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Well, that looks great.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From this preview, I'll file this one under Fiction.

I met Ol' Shel in 1966, spent about a half-hour talking with him, and Matt Damon doesn't cut it.

Nearly everything I saw in the preview was inaccurate, as well. Track scenes, music, cars. All wrong.

Fiction.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I see this as a crash filled Hollywood version of reality.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:

Yeah, that is exactly what it will be. Watch the documentary "The 24 Hour War". It's on Netflix or Amazon, I can't remember which.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
From this preview, I'll file this one under Fiction.

I met Ol' Shel in 1966, spent about a half-hour talking with him, and Matt Damon doesn't cut it.

Nearly everything I saw in the preview was inaccurate, as well. Track scenes, music, cars. All wrong.

Fiction.

I don’t remember Shelby’s hat looking like he was a tourist. You can ALWAYS tell a person wearing a western hat—who doesn’t wear a western hat.

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:

Looks like a sports car version of Days of Thunder.
Hollywood's got to sell tickets, not write accurate history. I guess they feel like flaming car crashes, babes in the bedroom, etc. are necessary to get people to buy tickets.
There are some good documentaries out there for real fans and they are pretty interesting.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
quote:

Yeah, that is exactly what it will be. Watch the documentary "The 24 Hour War". It's on Netflix or Amazon, I can't remember which.

Jim

I can 2nd this recommendation. I think I watched it on Amazon.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Another movie using “Gimme Shelter” in its soundtrack.

How original. Roll Eyes

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6370 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:

Amazon Prime has it, watched it last night, nicely done, real footage and the real story about the war between Ford and Ferrari...

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I'll certainly watch it. Christian Bale doesn't act in bullshit. He won't sign on unless he believes it will be solid. And he is usually right. Damon has had a lot of good roles. I don't care for his politics but he's a good actor. Studios have to stylize content or nobody would watch it as it would be a documentary. This director did Walk the Line with Phoenix so it should be a solid watch.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Movie doesn’t come out until the end of the year.
How does everyone know it’s going to suck. Roll Eyes

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Heh, the documentary preview had a lot more fiery crashes than the movie preview. Wink

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
There is a VERY good chance this movie will educate kids my sons age on why the Ford GT40 is a special car and why has the name that it has. I am a sucker for anything Ford racing, especially GT40 related. For the first time in a VERY long time I want to go see a movie at the theater and I REALLY hope it is well done and successful!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21074 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll watch it when it hits Netflix for sure.

Christian Bale gives a good performance IMO

------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
quote:

Jim

It is on Amazon. Excellent documentary.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by badcopnodonut!!:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
quote:

Jim

It is on Amazon. Excellent documentary.

Watched it the other night, great documentary. Sad that many of those interviewed are no longer with us.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The documentary is very well done. Adam Carolla and his team put a lot of time and effort into it. He's a little pissed about the movie as nobody reached out to him or his team in regards to accuracy or simply input after all the work they had done. I'll check out the movie, but will certainly tune into his podcasts to get his thoughts on it.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post