SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Hunting Hitler, anyone watch it???
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting Hitler, anyone watch it??? Login/Join 
posted
I've watched Hunting Hitler since the first episode. I find the places they go to, to be very interesting. Some of the war history very interesting. I don't know if I quite buy it that Hitler escaped, but do find it plausible given the lack of evidence in regards to his body etc. etc. It has been proven that a lot of very high ranking officers did escape at the last minute, so why not him. What does everyone else think? The latest episode does show that the Nazi's who escaped did have a lot of money still and that place in Chile was pretty well built and fortified for it's time.

Posts: 13390 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watch and enjoy it as well.

Lobo Gunn

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

Posts: 328 | Location: Gainesville, Florida | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
Picture of apprentice
posted Hide Post
Decent show.
I doubt Hitler made it out of the Berlin bunker, but it is interesting to see what these folks have discovered about those that did make it out of Germany.

------------------------------
"...and we liked it!"

Posts: 5564 | Location: North Idaho | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kadin
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it's interesting for sure. I also doubt that Hitler survived the war, but it's still a very interesting show.

Posts: 1815 | Location: Carrollton, TX | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
'Murica
Picture of szuppo
posted Hide Post
Watched it until they got to the Fire Tower and stated it was an OP.

Semper Fi

Posts: 3106 | Location: Canfield, Ohio | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen it.

I believe that it is possible he escaped, but I find it improbable.

He was delusional and heavily drugged the last few weeks. IF he escaped, it was only by somebody taking him out against his will.

No arsenal is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.
Ronald Reagan

Posts: 19015 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
It's kind of interesting but I start to feel like I'm watching one of those "ghost hunter" shows.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 1231 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Hunting Hitler? Adolph Hitler committed suicide in April of 1945. His body was burned so that the Russians would not capture it. There's nothing to hunt.

Beyond ridiculous

To vanquish without peril is to triumph without glory. ― Pierre Corneille

Posts: 76154 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
Picture of chongosuerte
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by szuppo:

I was watching that episode (only one I've seen) and was scratching my head thinking the same thing.

-------------------------------

You forgot:
RIUTINMAYFGIB road is unpaved there is no map and your fuel gauge is busted
-Georgeair

Posts: 8685 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Hunting Hitler? Adolph Hitler committed suicide in April of 1945. His body was burned so that the Russians would not capture it. There's nothing to hunt.

Beyond ridiculous

I find the area's they go to and bunkers and so forth they show to be very interesting as well as the scenery. It's amazing how many very high level Nazi officers DID get out at the last minute.

Whether or not Hitler did, who knows. There have always been HUGE questions regarding his body and whether the one in Berlin was indeed the real deal.

Posts: 13390 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DonDraper:
It's kind of interesting but I start to feel like I'm watching one of those "ghost hunter" shows.

Yeah. Ghost hunters, Ancient aliens, Escaped Hitler. They are all selling to the same audience.

Posts: 1187 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
It is sad this is what History has stooped too. If the show was about the Nazis we know and believe to have escaped and hid, it would be interesting. But to say this is where Hitler came to, then it loses credibility.

But then again, Oak Islnad's show keeps sucking me in when they will spend a whole hour (actually 15 minutes, the rest of the 45 is recapping the 15 minutes of new footage) only to find something small and non-conclusive. The last episode I watched they on the flip of a switch decided it was no longer Templar treasure. It is now Captain Kidd's treasure ship that was sunk and covered with fill to bury. Roll Eyes

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 24301 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
Yeah. Ghost hunters, Ancient aliens, Escaped Hitler. They are all selling to the same audience.
Don't forget Bigfoot. Roll Eyes

To vanquish without peril is to triumph without glory. ― Pierre Corneille

Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
quote:
Originally posted by szuppo:

I was watching that episode (only one I've seen) and was scratching my head thinking the same thing.

Can somebody translate this for me?

As for the evidence of Hitler's death, it's sketchy, at best. The person who provided positive ID of his body was Hitler's personal dentist. Hardly an objective witness. It was common for leaders to employ body doubles. Churchill did so on numerous occasions (his double publicly attending a play or something while the real leader was in North Africa or something, to throw off German intel agencies). There is every reason that Hitler COULD HAVE used one. The body was horribly burned, and only the dental records were useful in providing ID. And to be Hitler's personal dentist, one would have to be a hard-core Nazi 'true believer.'

Also, Stalin ordered his investigative team to 'prove Hitler is dead.' He didn't say "what does the evidence show?" One must realize that Stalin was NOT a rational, reasonable authority figure. Soviets were HIGHLY discouraged from using personal initiative and from deviating even a millimeter from official guidance. So, I can't imagine the team coming back to Stalin saying "We don't know what happened." That would not have been a good long-term survival strategy for them. So, they could have just said "This one is close enough" and ran with it. . .

In the end, the evidence that the body they picked was really Hitler is very thin, IMO. It mostly depends upon ONE person (somebody very close to Hitler) to determine authenticity.

No arsenal is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.
Ronald Reagan

Posts: 19015 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post

Ronald Reagan

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
As for the evidence of Hitler's death, it's sketchy, at best.
Nope. There is simply no way, with Germany destroyed, that Hitler would have wanted to live. His overwhelming desire in those last days was to not be taken alive by the Russians, or to have his body captured and put on display by the Russians.

It's absolute foolishness to entertain- even for a single second- the idea that the most infamous person of the 20th Century faked his death, escaped that war zone, and lived out a life elsewhere, and no one- NO ONE- at any time in the 70+ years since, revealed any details about it.

Forgive me, but it's preposterous. Hitler was ill and his world was gone and his fear was of being captured. He shot himself to escape this possibility and his body was cremated in advance of the Russian arrival.

End of story.

posted Hide Post
I'm with parabellum...Hitler killed himself.

It's been long known that the Russians recovered his remains.
http://mentalfloss.com/article...appened-hitlers-body

Posts: 111 | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Beyond ridiculous

Everyone knows Custer died at Little Big Horn. What this book presupposes is...... maybe he didn't?

"The frost on the ground probably envies the frost on the trees."

Posts: 7406 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Nicely done, Hound Dog. That second image sums up the History Channel's history quite well.

Posts: 17670 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like watching Big Foot documentaries but it's nonsense. Same thing with Hitlers fake death. It's just entertaining to think about the possibilities. Even if he could have escaped there's no way that it could have been kept secret all these years and what would he have done? Spend his last years quietly tending to his vegetable garden in a secret fortress?

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 1538 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post