SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Den of thieves is a pale version of The Town......
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Den of thieves is a pale version of The Town...... Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted
Which is no Heat. That is all.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I liked Den of Thieves a lot. I also enjoyed The Town. They have different themes and I don't compare them against each other or Heat.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
I liked Den of Thieves a lot. I also enjoyed The Town. They have different themes and I don't compare them against each other or Heat.

Yeah, me too. I actually bought it last night on DVD from my local video shop for $7.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is it streaming? Or new release?

-------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Been available for rent online for a couple weeks.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I like Butler. That being said, I thought his character was the weakest. Part of it was the writing, part of it was I thought he just wasn’t believable at times. Pablo Schrieber did a much better job and he (Merryman) carried the movie.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But, Can you really shoot accurately through a dozen vehicle windows with a SAW?

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
It’s not that it was a steaming pile I just wasn’t feeling it compared to the others. I didn’t like Butler. I saw the twist coming. I did dig the main villain and the shootouts were great, I dug the opening scene.

It just felt like, at best an homage to the other two or at worst weakly derivative.

Now I feel like I need to post my critical credentials.....
I loved....
Night of the Comet
Cherry 2000

So there is that. Smile. So whenever I say I liked a movie or disliked a movie.....I me I as in me cuz obviously I have no business giving theatrical advice. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post