SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Grand Tour - Season 2
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Grand Tour - Season 2 Login/Join 
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
And Abbie Eaton has beautiful eyes.

Some women look their best in a racing helmet, a Muslim veil, or in an operating room with a surgical mask on.

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed the latest episode. I really liked the Audi-Lancia Rally rivalry film.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite episodes to date. Loved the Lancia/Audi story.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Really enjoyed that historical perspective--I've seen a number of old films on auto racing, and always appreciate a great David and Goliath story.

BTW did you see how incredibly dangerous it was to drive then with the spectators in the road?

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While i loved the Lancia/Audi rivalry, the thing that sold it to me was the Face off be tween the two best men who punch or choke people for a living. They were fantastic guests, who were secure enough to play off their own stereo types.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
That was an excellent episode and probably one of the best of the Grand Tour.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Goldberg hosted a cross-country rally television series a decade ago that heavily featured muscle cars. Somehow, I don't think he'd ever be suited to driving a road course.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Goldberg hosted a cross-country rally television series a decade ago that heavily featured muscle cars. Somehow, I don't think he'd ever be suited to driving a road course.

I was thinking about his show while watching his skit.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wish they would do more segments like the Audi/Lancia film. I look forward to the show every week but find myself fast forwarding past the "celebrity" segment. I would much rather see more of the "boys" than some supposed celebrity.

"Momma say's the pistol is the Devil's right hand."

Posts: 694 | Location: Ontario | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
I think the audi/lancia film may very well be the best segment I've seen from the grand tour or top gear.

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Gravel is for racing..tarmac is for getting there. Enjoyed that segment.

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Really enjoyed the Audi/Lancia story. One of the highlights from last season was telling the story of the development of the Ford GT40 and the rivalry with Ferrari at Le Mans.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jeremy had the quote of the season in the Audi/Lancia segment. Something along the line of - I have a soft spot for old Lancias but in this one it’s not soft.

Posts: 153 | Registered: June 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I'm finally all caught up this season. Every episode has been great. I haven't laughed that hard in quite awhile. When James May drove his Jag off of the end of the runway in Telluride, I just about lost it I was laughing so hard.

Thank God these guys didn't hang it up after Top Gear. I'm truly enjoying this show.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
My favorite part about that story is how Lancia convinced the judges that they really had 400 cars. Love it!

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
My favorite part about that story is how Lancia convinced the judges that they really had 400 cars. Love it!

And a cardboard roll cage.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Finally caught up. Loved the WRC segment & agree we should get a bit more of that.
The sheep bit was hilarious.
And who doesn't love a good Jaaaag?

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My son and I schedule ourselves so that we can watch it together though we are 2 hours apart.
Hilarious hosts and awesome scenery and cars.

Posts: 269 | Location: Pa | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
I'm just wondering what other racing history stories they could cover. Nikki Lauda's and James Hunt's duel in formula 1 comes to mind instantly. Maybe to, "American" for them but Dan Gurney's career and contributions to racing. Hap Sharp's and Jim Hall's technical innovations on the various Chaparral cars. Smokey Yunicks's, "Interpretation" of the rule book.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
I'm just wondering what other racing history stories they could cover. Nikki Lauda's and James Hunt's duel in formula 1 comes to mind instantly. Maybe to, "American" for them but Dan Gurney's career and contributions to racing. Hap Sharp's and Jim Hall's technical innovations on the various Chaparral cars. Smokey Yunicks's, "Interpretation" of the rule book.

There's also Prost/Senna, Schumacher, Sterling Moss just officially retired, so there's that.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post