SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Grand Tour - Season 2
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Grand Tour - Season 2 Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
I thought last week's episode ending was funny, I laughed for five minutes straight on the ending of the latest episode: SUVs in Canada.

Same here. Jeremy's boat sailing off down the hill had me rolling.

And Jeremy bringing the Raptor out just completely out of the blue just made my night. What a fantastic truck.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Crisake, really Paris Hilton...

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Another "brilliant!" episode. Loved the Raptor...showed up those wimpy Brit and continental cute utes.

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
LOL at the trivia during the "utility" portion of the SUV challenge!

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
I thought last week's episode ending was funny, I laughed for five minutes straight on the ending of the latest episode: SUVs in Canada.

Same here. Jeremy's boat sailing off down the hill had me rolling.

And Jeremy bringing the Raptor out just completely out of the blue just made my night. What a fantastic truck.

Yep, I laughed at that scene but the one that got me rolling was James in his sinking boat as his body goes into the cold Canadian lake in winter during a snowstorm with him screaming: "My testicles....." Big Grin

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
"My testicle have retreated!"

Haha.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
"I think you're following him too closely!" Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
"Bugger! Bollocks and arse."

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Loved this episode, every segment. The lawyers in the Tesla was a hoot. Even Paris didn’t bug me, she seems to have matured a bit.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
No comments yet on the season finale?

I loved it. When May tried to move his carquariam the first time and got soaked - Clarkson and Hammond busting up laughing was perfect.

Hammond wrestling that motorcycle through mud and sand - classic.

And it seemed like May was seriuosly pissed at Clarkson a few times.

All sorts of fun!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1768 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Uh, YellowJacket and I both commented on the episode...

Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by furlough:
No comments yet on the season finale?

I loved it. When May tried to move his carquariam the first time and got soaked - Clarkson and Hammond busting up laughing was perfect.

Hammond wrestling that motorcycle through mud and sand - classic.

And it seemed like May was seriuosly pissed at Clarkson a few times.

All sorts of fun!

Imagine what it was like for May to sit in salt water soaked clothing in the Africa heat and humidity.........lucky for Clarkson, May did not have a machete. Liked the ending: photo op and then leaving like self indulgent celebrities they were acting like for "feeding the world". Wink

I would give an award to Hammond for surviving without getting injured and to that little motorcycle making through all that crap and all the crashes/lay downs it went through.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Last show was good, finally a road trip and the ending was spot on, that little bike was perfect for hammond LOL

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Nothing to look forward to on friday nights or saturday mornings now. Frown

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
Nothing to look forward to on friday nights or saturday mornings now. Frown

I know it. I loved getting that notification saying that a new episode was now available, especially when I forgot it was Friday. It's going to be a long wait for the next season.

And yeah, the boys leaving in a helicopter was perfect. Cool

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I've spent time in that part of Africa, maybe for that reason I didn't find the episode funny and did not watch it to the end.

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
I've spent time in that part of Africa, maybe for that reason I didn't find the episode funny and did not watch it to the end.

It's all about perspective, right?

While I can empathize with the situation in Africa the show didn't create the environment in Africa and they were making a great statement about the false pretenses of celebrities that use the situation for personal gain and then leave the place no better, returning to their high end lifestyle, an excellent commentary on the situation and current abuses of the cause and pointing out that there are simple better solutions that could help

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:

The boys have done other specials in Africa, and they have always been very complimentary to the people and places they visit there. Many more times than once they have remarked how beautiful the land and people are.

I think HRK has the perspective exactly right.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I can see HRK’s perspective and that’s fine. It was just a little too close to condescension for me, that’s all.

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Rumor has it that Season 3 is the last and Amazon isn't renewing the series

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post