The Grand Tour - Season 2

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/8430003434

January 20, 2018, 08:43 PM
sjtill
The Grand Tour - Season 2
quote:
And Abbie Eaton has beautiful eyes.

Some women look their best in a racing helmet, a Muslim veil, or in an operating room with a surgical mask on.

January 20, 2018, 08:48 PM
jsbcody
Enjoyed the latest episode. I really liked the Audi-Lancia Rally rivalry film.
January 20, 2018, 09:49 PM
Jus228
One of my favorite episodes to date. Loved the Lancia/Audi story.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
January 20, 2018, 09:54 PM
sjtill
Really enjoyed that historical perspective--I've seen a number of old films on auto racing, and always appreciate a great David and Goliath story.

BTW did you see how incredibly dangerous it was to drive then with the spectators in the road?

January 20, 2018, 10:01 PM
DSgrouse
While i loved the Lancia/Audi rivalry, the thing that sold it to me was the Face off be tween the two best men who punch or choke people for a living. They were fantastic guests, who were secure enough to play off their own stereo types.
January 20, 2018, 10:35 PM
Rinehart
That was an excellent episode and probably one of the best of the Grand Tour.
January 20, 2018, 10:54 PM
Orguss
Goldberg hosted a cross-country rally television series a decade ago that heavily featured muscle cars. Somehow, I don't think he'd ever be suited to driving a road course.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"
January 20, 2018, 11:05 PM
DSgrouse
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Goldberg hosted a cross-country rally television series a decade ago that heavily featured muscle cars. Somehow, I don't think he'd ever be suited to driving a road course.

I was thinking about his show while watching his skit.
January 21, 2018, 12:20 PM
kxc223
Wish they would do more segments like the Audi/Lancia film. I look forward to the show every week but find myself fast forwarding past the "celebrity" segment. I would much rather see more of the "boys" than some supposed celebrity.

"Momma say's the pistol is the Devil's right hand."
January 21, 2018, 01:19 PM
FenderBender
I think the audi/lancia film may very well be the best segment I've seen from the grand tour or top gear.
January 21, 2018, 06:33 PM
SigSentry
Gravel is for racing..tarmac is for getting there. Enjoyed that segment.
January 23, 2018, 03:10 AM
2000Z-71
Really enjoyed the Audi/Lancia story. One of the highlights from last season was telling the story of the development of the Ford GT40 and the rivalry with Ferrari at Le Mans.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.
January 23, 2018, 04:39 AM
06wrb
Jeremy had the quote of the season in the Audi/Lancia segment. Something along the line of - I have a soft spot for old Lancias but in this one it’s not soft.
January 23, 2018, 07:32 AM
Balzé Halzé
I'm finally all caught up this season. Every episode has been great. I haven't laughed that hard in quite awhile. When James May drove his Jag off of the end of the runway in Telluride, I just about lost it I was laughing so hard.

Thank God these guys didn't hang it up after Top Gear. I'm truly enjoying this show.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle
January 23, 2018, 08:00 AM
tigereye313
My favorite part about that story is how Lancia convinced the judges that they really had 400 cars. Love it!

January 23, 2018, 10:27 AM
2000Z-71
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
My favorite part about that story is how Lancia convinced the judges that they really had 400 cars. Love it!

And a cardboard roll cage.

January 23, 2018, 11:09 AM
P250UA5
Finally caught up. Loved the WRC segment & agree we should get a bit more of that.
The sheep bit was hilarious.
And who doesn't love a good Jaaaag?

The Enemy's gate is down.
January 23, 2018, 11:32 AM
josp
My son and I schedule ourselves so that we can watch it together though we are 2 hours apart.
Hilarious hosts and awesome scenery and cars.
January 23, 2018, 11:35 AM
2000Z-71
I'm just wondering what other racing history stories they could cover. Nikki Lauda's and James Hunt's duel in formula 1 comes to mind instantly. Maybe to, "American" for them but Dan Gurney's career and contributions to racing. Hap Sharp's and Jim Hall's technical innovations on the various Chaparral cars. Smokey Yunicks's, "Interpretation" of the rule book.

January 23, 2018, 11:56 AM
P250UA5
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
I'm just wondering what other racing history stories they could cover. Nikki Lauda's and James Hunt's duel in formula 1 comes to mind instantly. Maybe to, "American" for them but Dan Gurney's career and contributions to racing. Hap Sharp's and Jim Hall's technical innovations on the various Chaparral cars. Smokey Yunicks's, "Interpretation" of the rule book.

There's also Prost/Senna, Schumacher, Sterling Moss just officially retired, so there's that.

The Enemy's gate is down.