SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Grand Tour - Season 2
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Moderators: parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
The Grand Tour - Season 2 Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Glad to see that one thing they seem to be bringing back is having a really good-looking woman in the front row behind Clarkson. Smile


So I'm not the only one who noticed that.


~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
Family, Guns, Country

"My guns are always loaded."
~R.G. Justified

What whiskey will not cure, there is no cure.
 
Posts: 20289 | Location: Out of Jersey, Into Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Of all the baseball players they could've brought-on, they choose Brian Wilson. An eccentric ass, who hasn't played ball in 3-years.

I get it...he's colorful Roll Eyes
 
Posts: 8137 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
Yes!! Been waiting on this. The dynamic is just much better than any of the new Top Gear(s). Who the F$#^ thought Joey should do a car show... idiots.


Funny thing is that when he was a guest on the original he was excellent.

quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Glad to see that one thing they seem to be bringing back is having a really good-looking woman in the front row behind Clarkson. Smile


So I'm not the only one who noticed that.


Couldn't take my eyes off her and she was really good at making sure to almost always have a smile and kept her fingers away from her nose. Wink



Got through the premiere but nodded off during the second.


We often meet our destiny on the road we took to avoid it.
 
Posts: 1469 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Did James May lose a bet?
 
Posts: 9999 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Got through the premiere but nodded off during the second.


That's because the women behind Clarkson were not stimulating enough, perhaps. Big Grin


_________________________
“Little else is requisite to carry a state to the highest degree of opulence from the lowest barbarism but peace, easy taxes, and a tolerable administration of justice: all the rest being brought about by the natural course of things.”--Adam Smith, born June 16, 1723
 
Posts: 14028 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Looked forward to seeing the Kia Stinger--that's a possibility for next car.


_________________________
“Little else is requisite to carry a state to the highest degree of opulence from the lowest barbarism but peace, easy taxes, and a tolerable administration of justice: all the rest being brought about by the natural course of things.”--Adam Smith, born June 16, 1723
 
Posts: 14028 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Episode 3 is the best so far - the guys are really hitting their stride. I love the constant ribbing they are giving Hammond about the crash.

And the end of the Chiron segment - Clarkson mentions Rendezvous and then they do it - brilliant.


----------------------------------
This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato
 
Posts: 1309 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Dominic Cooper killed it through the Celebrity Face-Off course! Nice to see someone actually downshift into corners to maintain revs coming out.



"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"
 
Posts: 15630 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Loved Jeremy handing Richard the small water bottle and it turning into a huge bottle. Subtle...

Also like the Croatian finish line.



"The frost on the ground probably envies the frost on the trees."
 
Posts: 8502 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
New episode out. Not so car-intensive, more just fun. Did have me laughing out loud.


_________________________
“Little else is requisite to carry a state to the highest degree of opulence from the lowest barbarism but peace, easy taxes, and a tolerable administration of justice: all the rest being brought about by the natural course of things.”--Adam Smith, born June 16, 1723
 
Posts: 14028 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
The disection of what actually happened with Clarkson making the Ken Block style video had me laughing. Of course I'm sure PETA will be up in arms over it.




My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.
 
Posts: 10219 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
It seems like they are letting the guys do more of what they want to. Honestly I think the first year they were more worried about being sued of being accused of just doing more "Top Gear".

Now we have our normal stuff - new batshit crazy supercar - Clarkson drives it. New reasonable mid-range car with some performance bits - Captain Slow gets it. New one-off crazy redneck shit that only sells a few hundred a year - send Hammond to Dubai!

Stick with this guys, it works! The only thing better is when you do an adventure with some cheap cars!


----------------------------------
This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato
 
Posts: 1309 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by furlough:
It seems like they are letting the guys do more of what they want to. Honestly I think the first year they were more worried about being sued of being accused of just doing more "Top Gear".

Now we have our normal stuff - new batshit crazy supercar - Clarkson drives it. New reasonable mid-range car with some performance bits - Captain Slow gets it. New one-off crazy redneck shit that only sells a few hundred a year - send Hammond to Dubai!

Stick with this guys, it works! The only thing better is when you do an adventure with some cheap cars!


Haven't watched E4 yet, but your last line is happening this season, I believe.
Preview showed the guys in older Jag XJs in the snow.




The Enemy's gate is down.
 
Posts: 6067 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
Originally posted by furlough:
It seems like they are letting the guys do more of what they want to. Honestly I think the first year they were more worried about being sued of being accused of just doing more "Top Gear".

Now we have our normal stuff - new batshit crazy supercar - Clarkson drives it. New reasonable mid-range car with some performance bits - Captain Slow gets it. New one-off crazy redneck shit that only sells a few hundred a year - send Hammond to Dubai!

Stick with this guys, it works! The only thing better is when you do an adventure with some cheap cars!


Haven't watched E4 yet, but your last line is happening this season, I believe.
Preview showed the guys in older Jag XJs in the snow.


They also have some sort of adventure in the jungle; there was a preview of Hammond riding a motorcycle and falling over into the mud on jungle trail with Clarkson behind him in a vehicle.
 
Posts: 2366 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
^^^Yep, can't wait for the adventure episodes.



Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.
 
Posts: 4202 | Location: Willow Park, TX | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
Originally posted by furlough:
It seems like they are letting the guys do more of what they want to. Honestly I think the first year they were more worried about being sued of being accused of just doing more "Top Gear".

Now we have our normal stuff - new batshit crazy supercar - Clarkson drives it. New reasonable mid-range car with some performance bits - Captain Slow gets it. New one-off crazy redneck shit that only sells a few hundred a year - send Hammond to Dubai!

Stick with this guys, it works! The only thing better is when you do an adventure with some cheap cars!


Haven't watched E4 yet, but your last line is happening this season, I believe.
Preview showed the guys in older Jag XJs in the snow.


They also have some sort of adventure in the jungle; there was a preview of Hammond riding a motorcycle and falling over into the mud on jungle trail with Clarkson behind him in a vehicle.


quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
^^^Yep, can't wait for the adventure episodes.


Yeah, those are the best.
Hammond on a bike, May in an '80s Benz & Clarkson in a truck.




The Enemy's gate is down.
 
Posts: 6067 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
The New York to Niagara Falls was pretty good considering Hammond was on crutches. May running and pushing Hammond's wheel chair at the end, I thought we going to see May end up with a heart attack.
 
Posts: 2366 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of muddle_mann
posted Hide Post
Admittedly Season 1 had it's warts. It's still missing the extra special "something" (much like the last season of Seinfeld after Larry David left). Me thinks the magic was not Producer Wilman. I like the new driver (magically she's British while "The American" was designed to make the show more "American").

So far enjoying Season 2 better than 1.

Poor Hammond has a long littered history of crashing cars. A little dash of bad luck and a dash of bad driving. Big Grin


_________________________________________________

Time has little to do with infinity and jelly donuts...
 
Posts: 3610 | Location: MD | Registered: March 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of muddle_mann
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Glad to see that one thing they seem to be bringing back is having a really good-looking woman in the front row behind Clarkson. Smile


This can be a fun drinking game. Take a shot every time you see a looker in the front row. Used to really enjoy that on the old show.


_________________________________________________

Time has little to do with infinity and jelly donuts...
 
Posts: 3610 | Location: MD | Registered: March 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muddle_mann:
Poor Hammond has a long littered history of crashing cars. A little dash of bad luck and a dash of bad driving. Big Grin

Do you mean in real life? He's only crashed two vehicles during television production. Clarkson has damaged more cars than Hammond--though those are mostly purposeful.



"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"
 
Posts: 15630 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Grand Tour - Season 2

© SIGforum 2018