SIGforum
The Grand Tour - Season 2

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/8430003434

December 07, 2017, 11:57 PM
Sock Eating Golden
The Grand Tour - Season 2
First episode of season 2 is finally available. Absolutely LOVED the episode. Seems the trio have settled in a bit. Great banter that didn't seem scripted.

The crash scene was sobering. Great way to shoot it. I was hoping for some footage of the crash. But, there were no cameras in that area and the in-car cameras burned in the fire. Nice that they got it out of the way early.

Nick

"I cannot imagine any condition which would cause a ship to founder. I cannot conceive of any vital disaster happening to this vessel. Modern shipbuilding has gone beyond that."
-Capt. Edward Smith
December 08, 2017, 12:29 AM
tigereye313
Yep, already better.

December 08, 2017, 03:18 AM
copaup
Vast improvement, and I actually liked last season. All three of them just seemed more comfortable. I think losing the traveling tent gimmick was a good idea and don’t miss The American. I would kind of like to see someone doing hot laps. Perhaps The Ben Collins isn’t too busy...
December 08, 2017, 04:28 AM
gunnitt
I will be able to watch it tonight, Im looking forward to it.
December 08, 2017, 11:17 AM
mutedblade
The boys are BACK. They have settled into a rhythm that exceeds any Top Gear episode they did. Previews for the rest of the season look spectacular. Can't wait for more.

December 08, 2017, 12:31 PM
wolfe 21
Yes!! Been waiting on this. The dynamic is just much better than any of the new Top Gear(s). Who the F$#^ thought Joey should do a car show... idiots.

A Perpetual Disappointment...
December 08, 2017, 01:23 PM
P250UA5
It popped in my head last night that the premier was this week. Will have to try to watch it this weekend.

The Enemy's gate is down.
December 08, 2017, 01:28 PM
RAEIndustries
Looking forward to this one, haven't quite finished the first season one yet

The Salt Flats opening was so funny

Shawn Rife

www.raeind.com
December 08, 2017, 05:20 PM
Suppressed
I just watched it and I found myself skipping over "conversation street" and the celebrity driving section. At least they got rid of the dying celebrity skit and The American.
December 09, 2017, 03:45 PM
2000Z-71
Overall I liked it. I liked last season as well but there were a couple of episodes that were really not up to their standards. It's obvious that the three of them have a chemistry that works well. I would've like to have heard more details about Hammond's crash and what exactly happened. I have a feeling there's still legal issues surrounding it and what can and cannot be said.

Looking forward to the rest of the season.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.
December 09, 2017, 06:58 PM
cas
My only negative thought (besides "jeeze they're getting old", as am I) was they better do something with that track if they plan to keep using it because it is completely uninteresting.

December 09, 2017, 07:02 PM
MikeNH
Wasn't blown away by the premiere. I miss the old TG format where they had one main feature and one or two shorts.
December 09, 2017, 07:04 PM
Sock Eating Golden
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
Overall I liked it. I liked last season as well but there were a couple of episodes that were really not up to their standards. It's obvious that the three of them have a chemistry that works well. I would've like to have heard more details about Hammond's crash and what exactly happened. I have a feeling there's still legal issues surrounding it and what can and cannot be said.

Looking forward to the rest of the season.

Unable to embed the video. https://youtu.be/18oAkxwYQh0

Nick

"I cannot imagine any condition which would cause a ship to founder. I cannot conceive of any vital disaster happening to this vessel. Modern shipbuilding has gone beyond that."
-Capt. Edward Smith
December 10, 2017, 06:58 PM
jjkroll32
quote:
Originally posted by copaup:
Vast improvement, and I actually liked last season. All three of them just seemed more comfortable. I think losing the traveling tent gimmick was a good idea and don’t miss The American. I would kind of like to see someone doing hot laps. Perhaps The Ben Collins isn’t too busy...

Yes, "The American" Sequences were unbearable.

Cinematography is still excellent. The aerial shots in Switzerland were breathtaking.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight
December 13, 2017, 11:18 PM
corsair
Finally got some time to watch the season opener. A positive improvement from last season, better.

They've got some work to do, particularly with the guest segment. Looking forward to this Friday.
December 14, 2017, 12:37 PM
apprentice
Always had mixed feelings on this show/Top gear UK.

I enjoy the banter between the presenters, but am really put off at times with all the cheap shots at my country.

Some of it I can laugh off, but it gets tiresome too.
December 14, 2017, 02:13 PM
DanH
They get away with it because they do it to everyone, including themselves. They roast themselves almost as much as everyone else. I also loved the two skits they did last season badmouthing the US in the US and end up cowering in a corner or being treated by the EMTs.
December 14, 2017, 06:38 PM
sjtill
Glad to see that one thing they seem to be bringing back is having a really good-looking woman in the front row behind Clarkson. Smile

December 14, 2017, 09:47 PM
Sock Eating Golden
"People want to see what it's like 'round a track. NOT on it's roof." - Clarkson

Lost my shit to the Rimac reference. Another great episode. Nice to see the States and Niagara Falls.

Just took my son Isaac to the Falls back in May. Arrived in style on a private plane and drove from the Buffalo airport as well.

The weather sucked and by the time we reached the observation deck Isaac was done and ready for lunch.

But, he enjoyed the flight home.

Nick

-Capt. Edward Smith
December 15, 2017, 11:12 AM
HRK
Its good to see it back, the humor is good, the photography is excellent, one of the things that always set TG apart when the boys were there was the way they put together the reviews/videos.

The hammond bashing over the cleansing food wasn't that bad, "because I have a tube up my ass" LOL

Even at it's worse the show would be 10 times better than any other show like it.