SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Grand Tour - Season 2
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Grand Tour - Season 2 Login/Join 
Picture of Sock Eating Golden
posted
First episode of season 2 is finally available. Absolutely LOVED the episode. Seems the trio have settled in a bit. Great banter that didn't seem scripted.

The crash scene was sobering. Great way to shoot it. I was hoping for some footage of the crash. But, there were no cameras in that area and the in-car cameras burned in the fire. Nice that they got it out of the way early.

Nick

"I cannot imagine any condition which would cause a ship to founder. I cannot conceive of any vital disaster happening to this vessel. Modern shipbuilding has gone beyond that."
-Capt. Edward Smith

Posts: 5795 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Yep, already better.

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Vast improvement, and I actually liked last season. All three of them just seemed more comfortable. I think losing the traveling tent gimmick was a good idea and don’t miss The American. I would kind of like to see someone doing hot laps. Perhaps The Ben Collins isn’t too busy...

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will be able to watch it tonight, Im looking forward to it.

Posts: 710 | Location: SW. Florida, USA | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
The boys are BACK. They have settled into a rhythm that exceeds any Top Gear episode they did. Previews for the rest of the season look spectacular. Can't wait for more.

Posts: 2825 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes!! Been waiting on this. The dynamic is just much better than any of the new Top Gear(s). Who the F$#^ thought Joey should do a car show... idiots.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
It popped in my head last night that the premier was this week. Will have to try to watch it this weekend.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAEIndustries
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to this one, haven't quite finished the first season one yet

The Salt Flats opening was so funny

Shawn Rife

www.raeind.com

Posts: 175 | Registered: October 25, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
I just watched it and I found myself skipping over "conversation street" and the celebrity driving section. At least they got rid of the dying celebrity skit and The American.

Posts: 3229 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Overall I liked it. I liked last season as well but there were a couple of episodes that were really not up to their standards. It's obvious that the three of them have a chemistry that works well. I would've like to have heard more details about Hammond's crash and what exactly happened. I have a feeling there's still legal issues surrounding it and what can and cannot be said.

Looking forward to the rest of the season.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
My only negative thought (besides "jeeze they're getting old", as am I) was they better do something with that track if they plan to keep using it because it is completely uninteresting.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wasn't blown away by the premiere. I miss the old TG format where they had one main feature and one or two shorts.

Posts: 2188 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
Overall I liked it. I liked last season as well but there were a couple of episodes that were really not up to their standards. It's obvious that the three of them have a chemistry that works well. I would've like to have heard more details about Hammond's crash and what exactly happened. I have a feeling there's still legal issues surrounding it and what can and cannot be said.

Looking forward to the rest of the season.

Unable to embed the video. https://youtu.be/18oAkxwYQh0

Nick

"I cannot imagine any condition which would cause a ship to founder. I cannot conceive of any vital disaster happening to this vessel. Modern shipbuilding has gone beyond that."
-Capt. Edward Smith

Posts: 5795 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by copaup:
Vast improvement, and I actually liked last season. All three of them just seemed more comfortable. I think losing the traveling tent gimmick was a good idea and don’t miss The American. I would kind of like to see someone doing hot laps. Perhaps The Ben Collins isn’t too busy...

Yes, "The American" Sequences were unbearable.

Cinematography is still excellent. The aerial shots in Switzerland were breathtaking.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finally got some time to watch the season opener. A positive improvement from last season, better.

They've got some work to do, particularly with the guest segment. Looking forward to this Friday.

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Always had mixed feelings on this show/Top gear UK.

I enjoy the banter between the presenters, but am really put off at times with all the cheap shots at my country.

Some of it I can laugh off, but it gets tiresome too.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
They get away with it because they do it to everyone, including themselves. They roast themselves almost as much as everyone else. I also loved the two skits they did last season badmouthing the US in the US and end up cowering in a corner or being treated by the EMTs.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Glad to see that one thing they seem to be bringing back is having a really good-looking woman in the front row behind Clarkson. Smile

Posts: 18018 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"People want to see what it's like 'round a track. NOT on it's roof." - Clarkson

Lost my shit to the Rimac reference. Another great episode. Nice to see the States and Niagara Falls.

Just took my son Isaac to the Falls back in May. Arrived in style on a private plane and drove from the Buffalo airport as well.

The weather sucked and by the time we reached the observation deck Isaac was done and ready for lunch.

But, he enjoyed the flight home.

Nick

-Capt. Edward Smith

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Its good to see it back, the humor is good, the photography is excellent, one of the things that always set TG apart when the boys were there was the way they put together the reviews/videos.

The hammond bashing over the cleansing food wasn't that bad, "because I have a tube up my ass" LOL

Even at it's worse the show would be 10 times better than any other show like it.

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post