SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Robert Mitchum favorite movie
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Robert Mitchum favorite movie Login/Join 
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
Crossfire and Out of the Past.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The SIG Kahuna
Picture of GeeTen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
The Yakuza. It's also my favorite movie.

^^^^ THIS! ^^^^

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-)

I miss Erhardt!

Posts: 2831 | Location: Red Sox/Patriots Nation | Registered: June 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Out of the Past

idem ea dixit

Posts: 1390 | Location: Daphne, AL | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Holiday Affair

Posts: 1359 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Hands down, it's Out of the Past

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted Hide Post
A little off the path,but i thought i would add this.My dad and uncle were cattle buyers and traders in eastern oregon.
A lot of movie stars,from the duke,mitchum, had real live cattle ranch's in the west.California, Oregon, New Mexico.

They would pasture the cattle in the winter in cal. summer in oregon.

We were branding and giving yearling calves there shots on one ranch and up drives a big caddy.

Out jumps mitchum with a bottle of whiskey,sets it on the medicine table by the squeeze chute out at the cattle yard,and starts branding working like a real cowboy.

I was only 14,but i remember everything we talked about.
Some actors were real butthole's.
Some were real people.
Lee marvin tore up every bar in baker oregon,and got kicked out of most of them,when they made paint your wagon in the baker valley

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed his narration in “Tombstone”

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"His Kind of Woman" 1950 - my favorite Mitchum movie.

No, it's not his best work, but it's a blast. A delightfully improbable blend of film noir and hilarity, also featuring Jane Russell (Wow!) and Vincent Price. Price is pure, over-the-top comedy. Raymond Burr and some other very good actors, too.

Flame me. I refuse to apologize.

Posts: 630 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndyRob:

Cape Fear Gets My vote!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have always said, that if I could have the gross receipts of any movie, it wouldn't be Star Wars, Gone with The Wind, the James Bond movies or any other. Give me the receipts of Thunder Road. Back in the fifties, that movie was always playing somewhere, usually in a drive-in, so I'm not sure how many people actually saw it but they paid for the opportunity.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
hard for me to choose. But one that's rarely mentioned;

Great if you like seeing some Korean era jets in action.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Night of the Hunter.

No doubt.

Just watched it last night. What a fantastic, creepy performance.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3619 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you are a fan of the old 1940's black and white B-Westerns as seen on the Westerns Channel, look for Mitchum as one of the bad guys.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do like Robert Mitchum and one of my favorite roles was as the sheriff in El Dorado with John Wayne and James Caan. They were great together.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG 229R:
As the title says what is your favorite Robert Mitchum movie. I will list several but if you have one that's not mentioned please feel free to let us know about it. I will reserve posting mine until there have been a few votes.

Mitchum wasn't in "Blood Alley".

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by murphman:
"His Kind of Woman" 1950 - my favorite Mitchum movie.

No, it's not his best work, but it's a blast. A delightfully improbable blend of film noir and hilarity, also featuring Jane Russell (Wow!) and Vincent Price. Price is pure, over-the-top comedy. Raymond Burr and some other very good actors, too.

Flame me. I refuse to apologize.

Flame me, too. I love that movie!

Posts: 630 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
I was torn between El Dorado and The Enemy Below.

Were it not for The Yakuza being my favorite movie, I would have said this, too.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No love for "Scrooged"? Big Grin

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8756 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of the great, distinctive voices in motion pictures.

While a small part, I always got a kick out of his bit part

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Off the top of my head, I like Thunder Road and The Hunters.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post