SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Robert Mitchum favorite movie
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Robert Mitchum favorite movie Login/Join 
Picture of SIG 229R
posted
As the title says what is your favorite Robert Mitchum movie. I will list several but if you have one that's not mentioned please feel free to let us know about it. I will reserve posting mine until there have been a few votes.

Question:
Which of these is your favorite

Choices:
Winds Of War
The Longest Day
The Sundowners
El Dorado
River Of No Return
The Enemy Below
Blood Alley
Home From The Hills

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
1 The Night of the Hunter
2 The Friends of Eddie Coyle

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Night of the Hunter. Creepy!

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Night of the Hunter.
Heaven Knows, Mr. Allison.
Cape Fear.
I think Mitchum was at his best playing an evil character.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
The Yakuza. It's also my favorite movie.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Thunder Road..... may not be his best acting but it has stuck with me over the decades.

I can tell the story,
I can tell it all.
About the mountain boy who ran illegal alcohol.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdwUpxkfSJw

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Thunder Road..... may not be his best acting but it has stuck with me over the decades.

+1. There we go!

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Cape Fear or Night of the Hunter

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Winds of War and War and Remembrance

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Heaven knows Mr. Allison or The Enemy Below. Can't decide, both are my favorites.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 32424 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
Heaven knows Mr. Allison or The Enemy Below. Can't decide, both are my favorites.

Me too

Posts: 13165 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I was torn between El Dorado and The Enemy Below.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Night of the Hunter.

No doubt.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrbill345:
Cape Fear or Night of the Hunter

^^^THIS^^^

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Night of the Hunter

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6370 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Friends of Eddie Coyle

Posts: 395 | Registered: June 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
See Robert Mitchum get manipulated all over the place by a woman. Entertaining film.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post