SIGforum
Robert Mitchum favorite movie

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/8420089834

September 02, 2020, 05:03 PM
cas
Robert Mitchum favorite movie
Mitchum was just really cool.

I don't know I've ever watched one of his films and thought "man he was a great actor" , just "man he was too cool".

I was probably still in high school or just out, still working for the family business. I remember being with my dad one morning and being dead tired. Dad said 'What's wrong, get to bed late?' I said yes, I'd stayed up much too late watching a movie. He asked what movie, I guess expecting some stupid answer. I said "Heaven knows Mr. Allison." He just laughed a little and nodded his head in approval, it was okay with dad that I was tired for that. Smile

September 02, 2020, 06:45 PM
ptruck
5 Card Stud
September 03, 2020, 05:17 PM
sigalert
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Orndorff:
No love for "Scrooged"? Big Grin

Depends. Have you any idea how many cats there are in this country?

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson
September 04, 2020, 09:04 PM
bald1
This thread motivated me to watch a Robert Mitchum movie tonight. Luck of the draw was a Phillip Marlowe saga "Farewell My Lovely." Enjoyed it as well as eyeing Charlotte Rampling in her prime. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192
September 05, 2020, 12:44 AM
eTripper
Robert Mitchum was one of those actors who always seemed to re-invent himself. I liked him in offbeat stories like Mister Moses, and The Sundowners. No stranger to the Hollywood Western either. Films like Five Card Stud, and El Dorado come immediately to mind.

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch
September 05, 2020, 09:55 AM
Blume9mm
For me it is the final scene in The Longest Day.... when he pulls out his last cigar... gets in the jeep and he the young kid driving head on up the hill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh-uXyizxhg

that and the scene in the movie when they are all pinned down and he tells his men "“There are two kinds of men on this beach: the dead, and those about to die. So let’s get the hell out of here!”

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"
September 08, 2020, 12:05 AM
sjtill
I rented His Kind of Girl and Out of the Past on Amazon Prime.
The first was quirky with Vincent Price chewing the scenery.
The second was pretty much perfect. Imagine a movie where Rhonda Fleming has pretty much a walk-on role. The Kathie Moffatt character is as Jeff describes her—as close to pure evil as you’re ever likely to see.
If you haven’t watched it, you owe it to yourself to see it.
The time and the places in the movie are the California I knew growing up—before the hippies arrived.

September 12, 2020, 10:42 AM
FN in MT
I like him in many of his movies but a few stand out; Cape Fear, El Dorado and Heaven Knows Mr. Allison.
September 12, 2020, 11:44 AM
NOCkid
Out of the Past is on TCM tonight at 8:00 EDT.
September 12, 2020, 02:03 PM
YooperSigs
And one of my favorite Mitchum westerns is on Prime: Blood On The Moon.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles