SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    New Springsteen Song, libtard hack
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Springsteen Song, libtard hack Login/Join 
Picture of CQB60
posted
Libtard celeb reaches new lows, Bruce Springsteen has reunited with longtime collaborator and Houserockers frontman Joe Grushecky for an anti-Trump protest song, “That’s What Makes Us Great.” “I had this song, and Bruce and I had been talking,” Grushecky told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “I sent it to him and he liked it. I said, ‘What do you think about singing on it?’ He gave it the Bruce treatment.” The song’s lyrics target various aspects of the Trump administration. Springsteen sings, “Don’t tell me a lie/And sell it as a fact/I’ve been down that road before/And I ain’t going back.” Later he sings, “And don’t you brag to me/That you never read a book/I never put my faith/In a con man and his crooks.”

Personally, I consider this a betrayal to his blue collar fan base, the majority of which voted for Trump. Please BS, just retire quietly to your NJ farm and smoke your pot in peace. Washed up liberal hack...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CQB60,

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Nothing new here. I've never understood the appeal of his music. He's always been this way.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5643 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Meh never liked him and just don't care. I doubt anyone else does either.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bruce Springsteen has reunited with longtime collaborator and Houserockers frontman Joe Grushecky for an anti-Trump protest song

And TENS of fans will be thrilled.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I have always felt that Springsteen was one of the most over-rated guys in music (same with U2). I simply don't get it at all, and I love all types of music. I don't like his songs, his singing sounds phony and forced, and IMO, there is simply no swing in his music. In addition, I'm not a big fan of the saxophone in rock music, and in Springsteen's songs, the sax is just too much of a vital component. His overall sound completely grates on me. I have actually seen him on his Born in the USA tour to see what the big deal was all about and had an awful time, couldn't wait to get out of the stadium.

He really shows his stupidity with his frequent forays into politics. The guy is a Class 1 moron.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
Why is anyone surprised by this? One of his most popular songs, "Born in the USA," is, contrary to popular misconception, an anti-US song.

If you have some doubts about that, check the lyrics:

Born In The U.S.A.

Born down in a dead man's town
The first kick I took was when I hit the ground
You end up like a dog that's been beat too much
Till you spend half your life just covering up

Born in the U.S.A.
I was born in the U.S.A.
I was born in the U.S.A.
Born in the U.S.A.

Got in a little hometown jam
So they put a rifle in my hand
Sent me off to a foreign land
To go and kill the yellow man

Born in the U.S.A.
I was born in the U.S.A.
I was born in the U.S.A.
I was born in the U.S.A.
Born in the U.S.A.

Come back home to the refinery
Hiring man says "Son if it was up to me"
Went down to see my V.A. man
He said "Son, don't you understand"

I had a brother at Khe Sanh fighting off the Viet Cong
They're still there, he's all gone

He had a woman he loved in Saigon
I got a picture of him in her arms now

Down in the shadow of the penitentiary
Out by the gas fires of the refinery
I'm ten years burning down the road
Nowhere to run ain't got nowhere to go

Born in the U.S.A.
I was born in the U.S.A.
Born in the U.S.A.
I'm a long gone Daddy in the U.S.A.
Born in the U.S.A.
Born in the U.S.A.
Born in the U.S.A.
I'm a cool rocking Daddy in the U.S.A.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
I like 1 or 2 of his songs (can't even remember which ones) but the rest no thanks.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
I have always felt that Springsteen was one of the most over-rated guys in music (same with U2). I simply don't get it at all, and I love all types of music.

+1

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
He's been a huge libtard forever, nobody should be surprised by any of this

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Coming to understand that I was not alone in disliking him and his music has been one of the chief benefits of the internet for me throughout its existence. Never knew it wasn't just me until the internet showed me.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5643 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Subject line. You know better than that

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/8191014801

Posts: 107263 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sailor1911:
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
I have always felt that Springsteen was one of the most over-rated guys in music (same with U2). I simply don't get it at all, and I love all types of music.

+1
+2. Bob Seger is woefully unrecognized compared to Bruce Springsteen.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Understood, regrets...
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Subject line. You know better than that

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/8191014801

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
Joe G is pretty much known as an ass around here. If it wasn't for his sucking up to Springsteen he would be even less popular.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes between him and Bono, they both think they could run this country better than anyone else.
Never bought any music from either and never will.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Springsteen should have stopped at The River. Everything before was good, everything after was infused with liberal crap.

Then, he should have kept his pie hole shut.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Greetings from Asbury Park, N.J. & The Wild, the Innocent & the E Street Shuffle were both great albums

I avoid anything he's done since because of the politics

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post