SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Awesome teen girl banjo player – “Foggy Mountain Breakdown”
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Awesome teen girl banjo player – “Foggy Mountain Breakdown” Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
Search for "Teen girl The Banjo Nation" on YouTube. First video found. You'll be impressed. She doesn't even break a sweat. GREAT music.

ETA – Enhanced thread title.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Pipe Smoker,

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8945 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Search for "Teen girl The Banjo Nation" on YouTube. First video found. You'll be impressed. She doesn't even break a sweat. GREAT music.

Picks are cheating. Real banjo players don't use picks. Smile

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Wanna Missile
Picture of tanksoldier
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
quote:

Picks are cheating. Real banjo players don't use picks. Smile

She must be an imaginary banjo player....

"I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight."
GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Posts: 21542 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: January 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DubiousDan
posted Hide Post
I did enjoy that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLEn5G65LOQ

P220
P239 (.40)
SP2340 (.40)

Posts: 200 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: July 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tanksoldier:
She must be an imaginary banjo player....

I wouldn't say that. She is talented, but 3 finger picking makes it easy to put out a lot of notes fast and sound flashy. Foggy Mountain Breakdown is the epitome of flashy 3 finger picking.

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Earl Scruggs was as real a banjo player as ever lived, and he used a thumbpick and two fingerpicks. He practically invented that kind of playing.

That girl is very good and a pleasure to hear, but she isn't extraordinary. HenryAZ is right, three finger picking sounds faster than it is, because three fingers are doing the work. I'm not saying it isn't impressive, but any good fingerpicking banjo player can do that.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Yep, she can play the banjo.

Smile

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I'm impressed with all of them!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38674 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Foggy Mountain Breakdown, clawhammer style: ETA, updated because the original embedded video now requires a login. Here it is clawhammer style, on a fretless banjo no less. He starts out 3 finger picking, Scruggs style but without picks, then switches over to Clawhammer.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADgKHO5UuNI

This message has been edited. Last edited by: henryaz,

Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
She's not a teen any more.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
This old thread deserves a Sunday morning bump!

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8945 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
This old thread deserves a Sunday morning bump!

Yes, just what I needed on a cold and snowy morning. Smile

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Makes me miss Uncle Dave Macon Days in Murfreesboro.

Posts: 17884 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post