SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2020
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2020 Login/Join 
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted
Nominated in the Performer category, artists included in this year's Nominee class are: MADE IT
•Pat Benatar
•Dave Matthews Band
Depeche Mode
The Doobie Brothers
Whitney Houston
•Judas Priest
•Kraftwerk
•MC5
•Motörhead
Nine Inch Nails
The Notorious B.I.G.
•Rufus featuring Chaka Khan
•Todd Rundgren
•Soundgarden
T. Rex
•Thin Lizzy

All I can say is it is about time the Doobie Brothers made it.
Some have no business even being on the list (N BIG) - not even rocck but I digress.

Some other good one Thin Lizzy, Judas Priest, their time will come soon.
Some not even on the list like Emerson Lake and Palmer should have been in years ago.

Congrats Doobies! Cool

Edited: forgot Nine Inch Nails

This message has been edited. Last edited by: smschulz,

Posts: 22895 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Doobies are great, but what a joke. They are the only inductees that are actual rock and roll artists.

Edited - I googled T. Rex. Stand corrected.

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Whitney Houston???? Biggy??? Total bullshit.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7655 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
In my humble opinion, the R&R HoF is a fuckin’ joke and not to be taken seriously—either for its inductions or (maybe especially) for those not inducted.

Posts: 13232 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No Wu Tang Clan???

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
In my humble opinion, the R&R HoF is a fuckin’ joke and not to be taken seriously—either for its inductions or (maybe especially) for those not inducted.

Much of what you say is correct.
So many left off.
So many just a token for political correctness.
It's supposed to be Rock N Roll for God's sake. Eek

Posts: 22895 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's all screwed up...I get the part about honoring and inducting early influences...Otis Redding, Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Everly Brothers, even Artha Franklin, I'm not too bothered with.

However, how did Whitney Houston influence Rock n'Roll...she's an R&B and pop singer. Are we supposed to group contemporaries Van Halen, Def Leppard & Bon Jovi in the same genre as Houston? Tupac? Nina Simone? Joan Baez? Darlene Love? Randy Newman...? Is New Kids on the Block next? Spice Girls?

Might as well just rename that place the Music Hall of Fame.

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
I would have thought T. Rex would have already been in there. I agree Whitney Houston is not rock. It’s meant to bump up viewership.

Posts: 5693 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:

I agree. It is on a par with various award shows in entertainment, nothing more. The whole nomination process goes through a only a few people, Jann Wenner the principal board member with the biggest influence on choosing the acts. And it is seems to be the opinion of those in the industry that inductees are mostly favorites of Wenner, and has nothing to do with objective evaluation of a musician's impact and work in rock n roll.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16668 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:

100% correct.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
No Foghat? What the fuss!

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fill your hands
you son of a bitch
posted Hide Post
Yea they should rename it the music appeasement hall of fame.

Posts: 459 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or maybe the Overdose Hall of Fame.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of taco68
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
quote:

100% correct.

^^^ THIS^^^

I am a Huuuge Judas Priest fan and cannot understand why in the hell they have not made it yet. Some of these others have no business there!!

Sigs P-220, P-226 9mm, & P-230SL (CCW)

Posts: 2539 | Location: Icebox of the Nation | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hooch:
Yea they should rename it the music appeasement hall of fame.

Completely agree, rap and pop are not Rock!

Pat Benatar is Rock she trumps Whitney for this discussion.

HK Ag

Posts: 3498 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Depeche Mode should have made it in there like 20 years ago. The Doobies, even longer. I have listened to “rap” since it started so I get the Biggie Smalls deal, but they put him in, with just a couple of albums and Depeche Mode/Doobies at the same time? That deal is a fucking joke.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
The rock hall sure didn’t turn out like what we thought. I was a charter member. I paid $25, got a T-shirt, and originally was to have my name on a brick outside the hall. That didn’t turn out. So when I went I asked about it. Seems the charter members have to go to kiosk and look your name up. How weak.
The fans have a vote. Of the million or more who voted, it counts for 1 vote out of 1000 of industry insiders.

Here we call it the R&R Hall of Shame. Pop music singers don’t belong there. They’ve bypassed many groups who should be in. Jethro Tull, Thin Lizzy, Pat Benetar, Todd Rundgren. It’s politics now.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Bad Company should have made it long ago too.
Paul Rodgers is an amazing talent.

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
The R&R HOF has been and continues to be a big #$%^ing joke period.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16183 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
The R&R Hall of Fame is now becoming a joke.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post