SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Favorite minor characters in films
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite minor characters in films Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Jose Ferrer in Lawrence of Arabia. Honorable mention to the guard who beat Lawrence, and the guard who held his wrists to keep him stretched out.

https://youtu.be/kLXB55ATiDA

Posts: 2687 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get busy living
or get busy dying!
Picture of heathtx
posted Hide Post
Wilford Brimley - Absence of Malice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btqBJJF2yvE

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rockwall County (God's Country) TX | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
My kinda guy

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

Billy Redden

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I love this scene from A Bridge Too Far. The actor is Christopher Good.

Link: https://youtu.be/bvvGSC3zcNs

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Working for Water
Picture of Chance228
posted Hide Post
I was always partial to the knight from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Particularly the you chose poorly / you chose wisely lines. Use them both as punchlines pretty frequently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ubw5N8iVDHI

Posts: 1050 | Location: Central New Jersey | Registered: February 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heathtx:
Wilford Brimley - Absence of Malice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btqBJJF2yvE

A favorite scene; it just ended too soon

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post

Or, Vicky.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Matt Damon, Rangorok.

Reminded me of Matt Damon in Euro Trip. "Scotty doesn't know!"

Gary Oldman's and Chris Walken's characters in True Romance are only on the screen for a couple of minutes but they are the most memorable scenes of the film.

Billy Bob Thornton's minute or two in Tombstone is fantastic. "It's like I'm playing cards with my brother's kids."

I liked Jason Isaacs as Cpt. Steele in Black Hawk Down.

The Coens really do use a lot of these. Does John Goodman count in Oh Brother Whereart Thou? Jesus in Lebowski? Shep in Fargo?

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10473 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Bill Paxton in The Terminator
"Hey I think this guy is a couple of cans short of a six-pack"

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
If I may, Clint Howard.

While he gets his face in a lot of movies/shows because of Ronnie and is a Major/minor, I still like the "surprise" when he shows up.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Berlin
Correspondent
Picture of BansheeOne
posted Hide Post
I think he actually had four scenes, but with less than ten minutes of screentime, Michael Lonsdale gave "Ronin" its title.

Posts: 2406 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: April 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Mr. Wolfe from Pulp Fiction will always be my 'go to'...

NSFW - language

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Chuck Norris, as himself, "Dodgeball, A True Underdog Story."

The girl on the Honda Street Scrambler in " Vanishing Point", because my first motorcycle was a red/white 1970 Honda CL175K4.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Dean Stockwell as Ben. Brilliant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsxxMSZHbI0

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:

I don't think this guy is really a minor character, based solely on his lifetime of acting. He's mostly a supporting actor (with a few exceptions), which makes him a minor character in some sense. My favorite is M. Emmett Walsh.

his role in Bladerunner was awesome,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
While I hated the movie Captain Marvel, Stan Lee playing himself rehearsing lines to play himself in the movie Mallrats was pretty hilarious.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Gustav Valentine Berglund III, aka Col. Bruce Hampton, Retired, in Slingblade:

Honorable Mention to Dwight Yoakam's Doyle, a fantastically executed piece of shit caught on film.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
And the creepy old man from Poltergeist:

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post