Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Parasite Login/Join 
Picture of Keystoner
posted
Another foreign film (Korean) recommendation by me but this one will be nominated for best picture as well. I've heard it suggested that this film is best viewed "cold," that is, not knowing anything about it. I agree. Don't read past the spoilers.

** SPOILERS **

I really wish this movie had an alternate ending because I found everything before the plot twist to be well-written, unique, and super funny. I didn't expect the twist, so well done director, but I wish it had been less dark and brutal.

Year V

Posts: 2630 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Is it dubbed or subtitles?

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34106 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
I saw it with subtitles. I'd only choose that if given the choice.

Year V

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
Another foreign film (Korean) recommendation by me but this one will be nominated for best picture as well. I've heard it suggested that this film is best viewed "cold," that is, not knowing anything about it. I agree. Don't read past the spoilers.

** SPOILERS **

I really wish this movie had an alternate ending because I found everything before the plot twist to be well-written, unique, and super funny. I didn't expect the twist, so well done director, but I wish it had been less dark and brutal.

Just saw this last night, been watching films during this "panic".

Excellent film. I saw it "cold". Thoroughly enjoyed it.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16676 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw and it was ok. I wouldn't call it the best movie of the year though like the critics did. The subtitles were a pain.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Saw it cold. Some popular actors in the film.

It was pretty good and kinda funny. But at some point it went off the tracks for me. I think the climax and ending could have been a much different and better story. As is, it just ended up being a weird movie to me.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
I wondered if this thread would come back to life after the Oscars.

I still agree that the movie should be watched cold, but after seeing it, read all about it and watch it again from different perspectives and see the things you didn't catch the first time. I haven't done this yet. I didn't view the movie the first time from the perspective that it was all about classes of society. I also want to see the clues I missed that led to the "twist."

Year V