SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Westworld Season 2
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Westworld Season 2 Login/Join 
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Yeah Ep 4 is kind of a turning point for me with this season. It was starting to lose me but that reeled me back in.

And of course, the acting is always amazing.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Does anybody else wish TWD could make their flashbacks half as good as Westworld?

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7058 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
Does anybody else wish TWD could make their flashbacks half as good as Westworld?

TWD:Lena Dunham::Westworld:Scarlett Johansson

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Shogunworld

Hell, I like it better than Westworld. Very entertaining, although we continue with this ridiculous "Women are stronger and women are in charge" horse shit. Roll Eyes No, you're a fucking automaton which happens to look like a woman. You're a machine.

I've grown awfully fond of Sizemore.

Armistice and her Shogunworld counterpart. What a hoot. Big Grin

Posts: 107265 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Ugh, I need to catch up. I'm two episodes behind.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I seemingly really enjoyed last nights episode focused on the Native Americans. Ghosts or whatever they called them.

It was kinda a nice story line about them becoming self aware.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Reviving this thread.

Binged S2 this week. As a whole, I enjoyed S1 more, but jumping straight from S1 to S2, it took a bit to re-hook me in.

Looking back, they make a lot of the flashbacks/forwards so seamless that it takes me a minute (or more) to realize what period they're in.

Looking forward to S3.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Season 3 looks very interesting.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
BTW, did you happen to notice that all the strong roles are played by women, and all the evil/weak/conniving/sniveling characters are men?

Dolores, Maeve, Angela, Armistice and even whack-ass Clementine versus Robert Ford, Bernard, William, Sizemore and the sniveling lab tech,
The list goes on and there are minor exceptions, but tell me that you don't see this.

I tend to wait a season or three before I decide to watch a new series, and I recently finished watching West World Season 2... I never opened this thread or read your comments until just now but after just a few episodes it became crystal clear that while the story itself was interesting and entertaining, a decision was made at the Producer or Writer level to give most of the strong, intelligent, decisive, leadership roles to female cast members.

I like the show, and no doubt that there are several noteworthy acting performances, but the blatant PC SJW decision to go "girl power" "girls rule" "girls rock" was painfully obvious. In fact, in some of the cast commentaries some of the female cast and one of the producers (female) even comment on how great it is for them to play these roles and to feature them in this vision of the future...

...as much as I like the show I am so tired and irritated by Hollywood writers constantly trying to 'message' me with me with their virtue signalling influence.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Reviving this thread.

Binged S2 this week. As a whole, I enjoyed S1 more, but jumping straight from S1 to S2, it took a bit to re-hook me in.

Looking back, they make a lot of the flashbacks/forwards so seamless that it takes me a minute (or more) to realize what period they're in.

Looking forward to S3.

Similar experience for me as well. I enjoyed Season 1 more than Season 2, and was a bit more confused by the plot line and several scenes in S2, although there are some great scenes and episodes in S2 as well.

I've been watching on DVD which has a Special Features section, and I found that the producers' and cast members' comments really helped to fill in some of the basic premises of the storyline that weren't clear to me while watching an episode.

For instance, the show producers and writers wanted to explore the theme of personal data privacy and what might happen if a big tech private corporation bases its business model on obtaining its customer's private data. The other, more obvious, sci-fi tech theme they wanted to explore is artificial intelligence and self-awareness and when, exactly, does "life" begin...as well as what happens when man becomes god or attempts to play God by creating life. What happens to man's morality? What significance and rights does the newly created life form have once it becomes self-aware.

I'd recommend trying to catch some of the producers', writers', and cast members' comments to fill in the gaps either not explained in the episodes or left on the "cutting room floor".

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
I'm on season 2 via netflix dvd right now, and FF'ng through the samurai scenes.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post