SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    License Plate of the Day Nominations
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

License Plate of the Day Nominations Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
HYOFCR

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember seeing this in the mid-1980's, don't know if it still exists:

10SNE1

(Tennis, anyone?)

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
The Province of Ontario used to have the motto "Yours To Discover" on their plates. Saw a vanity plate once with a young lady's name above that statement..

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
HRUDUDU

It was on a Volkswagen Rabbit, which should be a hint.

Posts: 12167 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
Maine recently got rid of censoring plates, so there have been some pretty vulgar ones around lately.

My favorite are still the clever ones, but there is a plate that makes me chuckle every time I see it.

The plate is simply "BAA BAA" on a Black Jeep.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure that I agree with you a hundred percent on your police work there, Lou.

Yah?

Yah. I think that vehicle there probably had dealer plates. DLR.

Oh. Jeez.

Say Lou, didya hear the one about the guy who couldn't afford personalized plates so he went and changed his name to J3L2404?

Yah. That's a good one.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
I saw a red Jeep once. I knew it was a red Jeep because the tag said RED JEEP on it.

A coworker of mine has BLK JEEP on her...black Jeep.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Back in the '70s I was involved with custom vans. The owner of Vantastiks, a custom shop, had built a van called the "Sultan's Palace", the plate was LAGNAF.

My first wife worked for AT&T and borrowed it for a business dinner, taking her boss and friends to the restaurant. She couldn't wait for someone to ask what the plate meant!

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
when I was a student back in the mid 80's , there was a Toyota Celica Supra in the VCU area with the plates NM M14 E1

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beatles

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
I saw a red Jeep once. I knew it was a red Jeep because the tag said RED JEEP on it.

A coworker of mine has BLK JEEP on her...black Jeep.
Those are more like nominations for a "No duh, Capt. Obvious" award. Razz

Posts: 2640 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Used to work with a chick whose name was Ronda.
Plate: RON D VU

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Veteran of the
Psychic Wars
posted Hide Post
BOX MD

Posts: 1294 | Location: The end of the Earth... | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The classic IB6UB9

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
SUES BARU

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sabonim
Picture of Wayniac
posted Hide Post
IXIVIV

Porsche 944.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 1438 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
The other day I saw a BMW M3 with the plate BMW M3. Ya think?

In my opinion, the best. plate. ever.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Several years ago I saw a black hearse with the plate, "STIFF 1".

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Saw this yesterday morning

BR549

None of my coworkers understood it.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post