SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    License Plate of the Day Nominations
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

License Plate of the Day Nominations Login/Join 
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by StarTraveler:
Seen yesterday on a red sports car driven by a young woman (at least I think it was a woman):

OMGMOVE

Similar in my area, on a Tahoe, and set so you see it in your mirror:
3VUMGMO

That’s much better. The one I saw was on the back so you’d only see it after they’d already passed you when it was too late. Unless, of course, it was a parting shot to encourage you to speed up for the next speedster zipping by.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2094 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
Back in the '80s while contracting to various California law enforcement agencies, we always ran a 10-28 and a 10-29 for this plate through CLETS.

360GUY

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2184 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Took this photo in San Francisco in 2015:

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Some time ago I saw a woman driving a BMW with the plate:

“WAS HIS”

Must have been some divorce, LOL.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
You think she might be a wedding singer?

SING 4U

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2094 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:

“WAS HIS”

Think that guy bought a new BMW M3.

New tag

is

PR3 NUP

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
On the back of a station wagon like one usually used to transport dogs in the back:

WAG MOR

There was another one that I saw over the weekend that I considered listing on Monday:

DIVA-some-big-number

If someone wants to advertise that they're a DIVA (defined as "a self-important person who is temperamental and difficult to please" instead of the singer), fine, but if you're the some-big-numberth person to get that plate, it looks to me like it also shows that you're not very original and not really deserving of the "recognition" of the self-importance. Therefore, no nomination!

Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
On the back of a station wagon like one usually used to transport dogs in the back:

WAG MOR

There was another one that I saw over the weekend that I considered listing on Monday:

DIVA-some-big-number

If someone wants to advertise that they're a DIVA (defined as "a self-important person who is temperamental and difficult to please" instead of the singer), fine, but if you're the some-big-numberth person to get that plate, it looks to me like it also shows that you're not very original and not really deserving of the "recognition" of the self-importance. Therefore, no nomination!

They wouldn't let them have "ASSHAT"

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a girlfriend whose mother would try to figure out the "meaning" of plates that weren't personalized when there was some coincidental series of letters. Stuff like 180PHD she would think meant the person had a PhD. Reminded me of the old man in Forget Paris that would read all of the signs.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There’s one running around my city...FNH8PPL. No idea how that got through.

May our caskets be made of hundred-year oak, and may we plant those trees tomorrow.

Posts: 811 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: January 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
quote:
...snip...

DIVA-some-big-number

Lol, one early morning headed in to work traveling westbound on I-20 between Conyers and Panola Road, I saw DIVA4623. Why do I remember this 1+ year later? That would be because she drove like an idiot, and apparently I offended the princess in some fashion because she filmed me as she passed. The look of exasperation clear even in the 5am hour highway lighting. I am guessing she really didn't like it when I gave the one finger salute. Roll Eyes

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I saw one that said "Heisenberg" last week, tried to get a pic but the light changed. I can't recall the exact abbreviation used.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:

WAG MOR

I wonder if their other car has BARKLES

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is my first post on this forum, and I get to play Captain Obvious with the plate on my car. I had a few other, more clever plates in mind, but ultimately gave into this one because: 1) my family liked it; 2) it was available, much to my surprise; and 3) it was actually approved, much to my surprise!

Frank

Posts: 42 | Location: MA | Registered: July 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
Frank, welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your photo. Perhaps the state didn't turn it down since it was the name of the most important U.S. navy plane in the latter part of WWII in the Pacific theater. Like "Miracle on 34th Street," once the U.S. government recognizes it as official...

Wink

I saw a black sports car with very loud pipes this weekend with the plate

5HADOW

Why anyone would want such loud pipes, I guess only the...ahem, owner?...knows.

Shoots Flies
at Fifty Yards!
Picture of SuhlShooter
posted Hide Post
Driving home yesterday, I saw this on a SUV.

BURQAA

Did not see the driver.

Why would you get that if not to push buttons?

Posts: 3028 | Location: Hit the ground running in Moultrie, GA | Registered: July 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:

“WAS HIS”

After my late wife decided to leave our marriage, I had to repossess the Jeep I'd bought her. I changed the plates to WAS HERZ.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
GRNTACO

spotted on a dark green Toyota Tacoma.

posted Hide Post
This afternoon in a Wawa parking lot I saw a new blue grand sport corvette with a handicap placard and his plate was 50YR W8. He could barely get out of the damn thing, but he was smiling from ear to ear. I gave him a thumbs up as I drove away. Made my day.

-Jeff

Posts: 169 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Frank, welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your photo. Perhaps the state didn't turn it down since it was the name of the most important U.S. navy plane in the latter part of WWII in the Pacific theater. Like "Miracle on 34th Street," once the U.S. government recognizes it as official...

Thanks so much for the warm welcome, ST! Yes, it would be nice if that were the reason my plate was approved, but in fact, I indicated on my plate application that it was the model of my car (which helped). Also, when I called the DMV to see if it was approved, I was told that mine was quite mild compared to some of the requests they receive! LOL!!

Looking forward to contributing more to the forum in the future.

Frank

Posts: 42 | Location: MA | Registered: July 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post