SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    One joy of older movies.....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One joy of older movies..... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Harrison Ford for about 5 seconds in Apocalypse Now.

Posts: 4657 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Today I watched two back-to-back episodes of Wanted Dead Or Alive, starring Steve McQueen. In the first, one of the characters I swear was Mike Farrell, who later played Capt. B.J. Hunnicutt on M*A*S*H, although I didn't see his name on the credits, and he isn't listed on IMDB before 1963. The second episode had Martin Landau (who doesn't know Landau?) as the bad guy.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
Nicolas Cage and Anthony Edwards in Fast Times at Ridgemont High

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by andronicus:

And "American Graffiti."

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Min-Chin-Chu-Ru... Speed with Glare
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
...One joy is viewing technology no longer in existence...

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nQGAaCSFlJI" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

The entire ending of "The Usual Suspects" relies on Keyser Soze's ID sketch being laboriously faxed and printed.

Posts: 1266 | Location: MA | Registered: December 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by andronicus:

And Lawrence Fishburn.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6040 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
Robert Duvall as Boo Radley from To Kill A Mockingbird back in 1962 Smile

Beat me to it; first person I thought of when I saw the post. Also the cab driver in Bullitt, still pretty early in his career.

Posts: 2693 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I don't know if Saving Private Ryan qualifies as an older movie, but I just noticed Brian Cranston as the War Dept. Colonel that notifies George Marshall of the deaths of the three Ryan brothers.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6400 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
David Caruso in First Blood.
I also recall his having substantial roles in 'Officer and a Gentleman' and something called 'Blue City'.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7253 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
One joy of older movies (and TV shows) is no cellphones.

Speaking of that. One joy is viewing technology no longer in existence. There was a scene in a movie where the guy in the backseat is listening to his transistor radio. I recall some guys having an earpiece and listening to the ballgame in Church. I NEVER saw this in the movies and I went a lot in my teens. I guess people had more manners back then.

I like watching to see how they guessed the future would be. Nobody predicted cell phones. Most future phones are land line video phones. I love the “enhance” scene in Blade Runner.

A few weeks ago I took my kids to see a screening of the original Transformers cartoon movie from the 80s. The theater erupted with laughter when the voiceover said “It is the year 2005”.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Clint Eastwood as a motorcyclist in an early episode of "Highway Patrol".

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post