SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    When SNL was funny
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When SNL was funny Login/Join 
legendary_lawman
Picture of prairieviper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
It was never funny to me.
At anytime. Then.Now.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This.

"In God We Trust"

Posts: 1992 | Location: Central USA - Cornfields & Cows | Registered: May 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the early days of the show, they would often feature short films by Albert Brooks. The one that had me on the floor laughing was about his parents always wanting him to be a doctor so after he had made some money as a comedian, he decided to fulfill their dream by performing open heart surgery on a volunteer old Jewish man. He paid a heart surgeon $10,000 ($5000 up front and another $5000 once the surgery was a success) to assist him during the surgery. They did the whole skit in a real operating room with real open heart surgery equipment. It was hysterical, particularly to people like myself with a medical background and who think Brooks is one of the funniest people out there. Every now and then I try to see if I can find it on YouTube or SNL reruns but no luck so far.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Man, Phil Hartman was awesome.

The best.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6042 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Man, Phil Hartman was awesome.

The best.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wilberforce
posted Hide Post
John Belushi Little Chocolate Donuts commercial Big Grin

https://ifood.tv/reviews/16137...tle-chocolate-donuts

---------------
"Beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruning hooks into spears; let the weak say, “I am a warrior.”
--Joel 3:10, ESV

Posts: 186 | Location: North Texas | Registered: December 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We would watch every week when I was in college. We didn't have a TV in the dorm but a bar just off campus had a set in their basement. Everyone would order pictures of birdbaths(I don't know what was in them), by the end of the night everything was funny!

Jim

Posts: 1338 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
It was great back in the 70's when it first started, and again in the Phil Hartman era. Since then, it's been shit for the most part. I watch occasionally when someone I like is hosting, but it's too political now.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of johnnyringo8769
posted Hide Post
when i was little...i watched my first episode....loved that show when it was truly funny...now it is so sad....impossible to watch...they ruined how great it once was....

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
1. Jesus Christ
2. Our Military
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

The Republic will cease to exist when the government takes away from those who are willing to work to give to those who are not.
Unknown....

"This is what the Lord says: 'Stand at the crossroads and look; Ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.' " (Jer. 6:16)

Posts: 106 | Location: Jamestown NY 14701 | Registered: December 17, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post