SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Battletech is here!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Battletech is here! Login/Join 
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
How many achievements do you have? I’m proudest of getting the “two kills with one attack.” I’m not sure how to kill a ‘mech pilot without destroying their ‘mech. I have the one for getting a headshot kill but it didn’t count toward the pilot one. I guess just keep doing that until it actually results in a fatality?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
you know, I looked at them for the first time today. I will post up a few pics here.

Before that, MODs. This will allow for lost tech to be found. Including other gaus.

https://www.nexusmods.com/battletech/mods/13

My bay currently sits with two Highlanders, Two Atlas, Two King Crabs.

I have these in reserve, I have sold off the rest.

These are the achievements I have completed.

I tried my hand at an online match. I picked a game listed as a heavy lance. Joined up and found my locust, comando, dragon, and king crab facing 4 tuned and jump jetted king crabs..... the wanker had named his lance A heavy lance or what ever matched the pull down menue. I did not look at the difference in cbills.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I'm probably not going to continue playing now that I've completed the main story. The ability to mod the game notwithstanding, there's not really any point in continuing to go on missions other than to skill up for multiplayer. And in that case, I don't want to really fall into situations such as yours where you're unwittingly suckered into getting stomped on by 12 year olds who can't play a game fairly.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
I'm probably not going to continue playing now that I've completed the main story. The ability to mod the game notwithstanding, there's not really any point in continuing to go on missions other than to skill up for multiplayer. And in that case, I don't want to really fall into situations such as yours where you're unwittingly suckered into getting stomped on by 12 year olds who can't play a game fairly.

it is worse than that. look at the lone red badge i have. I got it from a dev, or someone who had just played a dev.

I agree, it has lost its luster. Mechs are to easy to get, equipment to easy to replace and as a whole lacks a large part of the custimization one can do with games like mega mek.

I do enjoy the game. I have now made a circuit of the whole explorable area you are allowed, going from each paid job in many of the systems. we are missing so many Inner spere specific mechs, on top of those specifically devoted to each house. I would typically want one of each, once i found there were finited kinds of mechs i wad a bit disheartened.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
I'm back folks! I know I've been MIA for a while but had some time to complete the campaign and do a little exploring and do missions in a few of the Inner Sphere star systems and ended up finding an amazing golden nugget! In the first image below you will see my current lineup of ready to go and configured mechs. I have quite a collection in storage including two more 733 Highlanders, a Battlemaster, another Stalker, etc. In the second, my ATLAS II configured with the golden nugget found in the store on Pojos of the Capellan Confederation which allowed me to make quite an ominously configured Atlas II (still need to swap a new Gyro++ +3 hit or 30% stability and SRM6+++ I have standing by)! The HEAT BANK + appears to have the cooling effect of somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 double heat sinks and also boosts your heat scale by 20 and your over heat level by 10! Adding one of these to any mech allows you to make the most powerful mech in its class due to the weight and space savings of only taking up 4 slots and 2 tons! A chassis with many weapon hardpoints would obviously be the most ideal. I'm going to try it on a King Crab which should provide an equally devastating configuration. Up to now I actually preferred the King Crabs to the Atlases. Now we'll have to see. It has also allowed me to cannibalize the double heats sinks from the Atlas II for other mechs, until I find some more heat banks that is!

My most epic (although there have been quite a few doozies!) mech maneuver and kill to date was having my then one and only King Crab do a DFA attack on an enemy King Crab with only moderate damage to one arm early in a match from the top of a mesa, only to have my DFA result in killing the enemy pilot and getting a fully intact King Crab as salvage. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dtech,

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Quick update. I actually meant 10 double heat sinks in the post above. In either case, the Heat Bank is not quite as efficient as first anticipated. I could not even do one full weapon alpha strike without it overheating. Granted, that is A LOT of heat generating firepower to use at one time on that Atlas config though. It looks like the mech configuration interface interprets it as an "uber sink" which it is, it just gives misleading heat efficiency readings on the efficiency scale probably due to the added heat range and increased damaged threshold. Ended up removing one of the PPCs and adding back two of the double heat sinks and some additional small heat sinks, and while it now shows off the scale heat efficiency it is nowhere near as heat efficient as my 732 Highlander with the double heat sinks in game. Got to play around with the configs more but the Atlas II does perform much better with the Heat Bank. Next I'll be trying it on the King Crab which it should work even better on since it has more projectile / lower heat generating weapon slots.

On another note...I ended up purchasing a new LG 27" UHD 4K IPS 5ms monitor at an unbelievable "clearance price" from Best Buy. It is the 27UD69P-W model and they had it for $379 from $499! I got the last one locally for miles around and they gave me an additional $15 off since the box was a little dinged in one spot too (monitor was perfectly fine when unboxed). It is out of stock locally but still available online for delivery. The model has only been out for some months now but looks like they have a newer line with very slightly different specs and "HDR10" that is going to eventually supplant it completely, but interestingly enough the HDR on it is evidently software "HDR effect" screen presets, not true hardware HDR10 like the OLED TVs. Having viewed and adjusted settings on both models, I can honestly say that the HDR effect presets are only a convenience that some may or may not use because both monitors come calibrated from the factory with a calibration printout included in the box and with equally awesome colors, sharpness, and clarity (text and graphics). My monitor looks just a good as the "HDR" version with the same vivid 10bit sRGB 99% color gamut but my model actually has a significantly higher contrast ratio (1300 vs 1000) while the other one claims slight higher nits (350 vs 300) which is inconsequential since I had to lower the brightness on mine it was so powerfully bright already. Especially at the price you can get my model at, it is worth in performance twice what I paid for it IMHO and I would highly recommend it for anyone looking for a 4K monitor in its size range. There are some driver tweaks for these too that really squeeze every bit of performance out of them for an outstanding 4K / 60hz monitor experience. Paired really nicely with my EVGA 970GTX SC+ 2.0 video card too and so far Battletech and even games like Call of Duty WWII can run at the 4K resolution. Nvidia and LG driver and settings tweaks are the key which I would be happy to share.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/l...0300.p?skuId=5770300

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
The final DLC for this game is coming next week. A totally unique 'Mech is included, the Bull Shark!

https://youtu.be/282NFD5CIFs

I have to say, though, I'm a bit miffed at the total combined weight of the eight 'mechs being 470 tons. With a title like Heavy Metal, I thought they'd all be Assault 'Mechs.