SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Another find for Rush fans: 1-man-band, note-for-note cover of Permanent Waves
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another find for Rush fans: 1-man-band, note-for-note cover of Permanent Waves Login/Join 
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted
I didn't even know such a faithful reproduction was possible, much less by one man. He nailed pretty much everything, including the sound of the instruments.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD5Xo1Tkh4U

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Talented person indeed.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1851 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KurtZ66
posted Hide Post
Incredible!

‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’

— Thomas Jefferson's "Commonplace Book," 1774-1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764

Posts: 413 | Location: GA | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
that may be the best rush cover band audition tape ever made.

He auditions for all band positions.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4787 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dlc444
posted Hide Post
Good find. Very talented.

-.---.----.. -.---.----.. -.---.----..
It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of qcsmitty
posted Hide Post
I’m an incurable music snob.

That is fuckng unbelievable.

Posts: 3778 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Impressive. Very talented.

That guy, Tyler Warren, is the current percussionist/backup vocalist for Queen.

(Well, the band currently known as Queen, which only features two original members.)

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
^^^ "Queen Extravaganza," which doesn't have any Queen members that actually normally play with them. QE is a tribute band that was put together by Roger Taylor, with Brian May later giving input on the live show.

They started out with 9 members, but May realized as time went by they had ample talent in 5 of the members to do everything needed, with multiple members being able to sing and play multiple instruments.

Pretty cool for Warren in that he's been a Queen fan since he was a young kid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXyg2gfXz60

He became a Rush fan in highschool, when he was feeling unchallenged and bored with music. He got ahold of his Mom's Permanent Waves and 2112 and found new musical inspiration.

Here's another full tribute album he did in 2016 of various artists, including a near-perfect cover of Rush's La Villa Strangiato:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWYt

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Meh. When I heard one man band, I was thinking he was going to play it all at one time, you know with cymbals between his knees.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
I approve.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post