SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Microsoft buys Bethesda
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Microsoft buys Bethesda Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
$7.5 billion...

But now they own Fallout, Skyrim, etc. I guess its better than EA

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10728 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Not like they can screw up those buggy games any further... They might even improve quality. Maybe. Hopefully.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Interesting. Yeah, EA has been a mess for years, and only getting worse. As a Star Wars fan, I really loathe what they've done with the franchise, which is essentially, a big, fat, steaming pile of nothing.

It would be interesting to see if Microsoft continues to support the Bethesda franchises with updates and such. I've been playing through the Halo: Master Chief Collection this year. Halo 3: ODST unlocks tomorrow. These are pretty damned old games to be re-releasing on PC. 20 years in the case of Halo: Combat Evolved.

Posts: 17119 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a massive valuation for a gaming company that has become toxic to so many gamers.

And EA hasn't recovered their reputation since the Command and Conquer takeover.

Posts: 634 | Registered: March 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
This is super exciting. Venimax/Bethesda have been making some super questionable decisions recently, whereas Microsoft seems to have been overall gamer friendly and on the right track recently.

If MS can get Venimax/Bethesda back on track of making gamer friendly games instead of their stupid damned microtransaction client, as well as the fact that MS now owns both Obsidian AND Bethesda so now Obsidian can make another Fallout game Smile

Posts: 10202 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post