New
Find
Notify
Tools

X-Files Login/Join 
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted
New season started last night. Having a hard time getting back into it. I find myself wanting to browse Sigforum while its playing instead of paying attention. Meh.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Ignoring the fact that Muldur's face looks like a pillow and Scully's is tight enough to be a snare drum, it wasn't any fun at all.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
LOL you aren't wrong Big Grin

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
Slight spoiler alert!!

It would have been a lot more interesting if Muldur had just killed Barbara Hershey and the fatman when he had the chance.

That or if Skinner had killed cigarette man and Annabeth Gish when he had the chance. You know shake things up a bit. When did I miss Gish switching sides. I thought I saw last season but maybe not....

Posts: 1440 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAEIndustries
posted Hide Post
The last season was pretty good, hope it picks up if the first episode was blah !

Shawn Rife

www.raeind.com

Posts: 175 | Registered: October 25, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
We did not like it, either. Too jumpy. Too noisy. Too much Mulder always on the edge of tipping over. Resembled the X-Files we knew & loved only as regards the characters and theme music.

We will watch another episode to see if it settles down. If it does not: We will be out.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I can't wrap my head around where they are trying to go with this season...Just confusing the shit out of me. Confused

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jus228:
I can't wrap my head around where they are trying to go with this season...Just confusing the shit out of me. Confused

Looks like they created a persistent, series-long plot last week, they'll have individual episode plots, and, one imagines, occasionally revisit the persistent plot.

My wife and I both enjoyed last night's episode much more than the season opener. Still too noisy, but... subtitles. Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post