SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Cop lingo that we learned from the tv shows
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cop lingo that we learned from the tv shows Login/Join 
posted
you know, stuff like
a.d.w., b&e , g.t.a. ,a.p.b.

what else?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Observer
Picture of phxtoad
posted Hide Post
BOLO

phxtoad

"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Posts: 420 | Location: Tempe, Arizona | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
EDP

Posts: 2862 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
DRT

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2184 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
MVA

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
Skell

Posts: 11506 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
The entire Miranda speech

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
TA
GSW

Unsub?

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
"Skells"

-and-

"10-4 Eleanor"

Oh wait....

That one wasn't from a TV show, it was from The Firesign Theatre. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LastCubScout:

Unsub?

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dont know about cop shows but Emergency sure taught me the importance of ringers lactate and D5W

Oh yeah, and Adam 12 taught me "see the man at the store"

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevmo:

Oh yeah, and Adam 12 taught me "see the man at the store"

"1 Adam-12, see the man, 415 fight group, with chains & knives."

"..see surplus store, corner People's drive and 124th street."

"182 and Bush, I've got him at gunpoint."

Wink

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
21-50 to Headquarters...

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perp

and showing my age here:

"Book 'em, Danno."

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"What's the word on the street?" Wink

Posts: 3201 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
Local LEO.

Heard regularly on NCIS.

Posts: 4123 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hump as used often by Andy Sipowycz.

Mentioned in another by the man!

Book em Dano of 5-O fame. Actually 5-O is another term on more modern shows.

Jim

Posts: 1344 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
"Assaultanbattery", apparently.

Seems like everyone who gets crossways with someone else wants their opponent to be arrested for assaultanbattery.

Or sometimes "assaultive battery".

I guess because they hear them being used together (or interchangeably) on many fictional cop TV shows, folks don't seem to grasp that "assault" and "battery" are different offenses, with different elements.

(Neither of which apply simply because the other guy hurt your feelings, or made you mad.)

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
“Back in the day” and “Forthwith”.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
"Ooh! Ooh!"

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post