SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    What song or songs is it that...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What song or songs is it that... Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
the second that first note hits your head starts to bop, your foot starts to tap, and your hand just reaches for the knob to turn it up??

Kenny Wayne Shepherd - Blue on Black

It has been quite some time since I had heard it but it came on during my drive to and from the cabin today and both times had that reaction.

Man, that is a great song. Always nice when something good comes on you have not heard in awhile.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25353 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thank you falletin me be mice elf agin--Sly and the Family Stone.

Sailin' Shoes--Robert Palmer

Eminence Front--The Who

All The Girls Love Alice--Elton John

Burning Down The House--Talking Heads

Somebody stop me; I could go on all day...

Posts: 2687 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
If I pick one song - Free Bird

That first note, you know what it is, then it's a 4 minute build up and let loose.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
the Billie Jean intro.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
She Sells Sanctuary by The Cult.

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
One single note? No.

But one single chord.
Yes. Unmistakeable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n902-29dgA

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post

First In Last Out

Posts: 4787 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get busy living
or get busy dying!
Picture of heathtx
posted Hide Post
Superstition by Stevie Wonder

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rockwall County (God's Country) TX | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
This one always goes up to 11.

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
For whom the bell tolls - Metallica

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Technically Adaptive
posted Hide Post
"Free For all" Ted Nugent

Posts: 1288 | Location: Willcox, AZ | Registered: September 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

The initial rumble of bass notes on this song makes it first of all, hard to pick out the very first note, and second makes it instantly recognizable.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSuoW8MTbZY

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I'll say "Dust My Broom." I'm thinking of Elmore James as I write this because I think he set the mark for the electric version of this Robert Johnson classic by opening with slide guitar. Many others followed, and most used the path that EJ blazed.

some good ones mentioned. Hadn't heard "Pickin Up the Pieces" AWB, in a long time.

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Beatles "Twist and Shout"....even has the Ferris Bueller endorsement:

Ram Jam "Black Betty":

Sweet "Ballroom Blitz":

David Bowie "Modern Love":

Heart "Barracuda":

If you don't tap your foot to this one, you don't have a pulse:

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
Wow, lots of great songs here already.
Hope this is not a repeat.

While my Guitar Gently Weeps, You pick original or cover.
Maybe Jeff Healy?

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post