Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dark Matter Login/Join 
Picture of rtquig
posted
Yesterday I looked up when Dark Matter season 3 will appear on Netflix. It will start in October.
Today I read in the news that SyFy has cancelled the series and the last episode in season 3 will end it.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4014 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to the new season almost as much as I am the (hopefully) soon-to-be-released season of Last Man Standing.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18022 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I continue to be both amazed and appalled at the stupidity of TV execs when it comes to choosing to cancel series. A pox on all of them!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16179 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
It is quite irritating when they leave stories unfinished.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why oh why do they torture me with these cancelations!

Posts: 462 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
That sucks, the series was really getting into a good rhythm.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
LAST time I waste time on a new show. TV execs have proven to be total morons that don't have a friggin clue who their show's fans are.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you guys are also a fan of Killjoys. Just to let you know it's also being cancelled, but with a twist. They are letting it go for 2 more seasons then it's done. Each season will have 10 episodes, then it's over. At least this way they can wrap everything up for the fans. Syfy also did this for the show Haven. It's just to bad they won't do it for Dark Matter also.

Posts: 1249 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Storm
posted Hide Post
So "they" cancelled "Sense 8" this spring, now "Dark Matter". Which leaves "The Expanse" as the only other exceptional Sci-Fi show left.

Link: http://variety.com/2017/tv/new...led-syfy-1202545344/

Loyalty Above All Else, Except Honor

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 3873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
Mad. this makes me mad.. I was liking both Dark Matter and Kill joys

Posts: 7795 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dark Matter and Killjoys were two thirds of what made SyFy worth watching. The other third is The Expanse.
What possesses these idiots to cancel such good shows? I remember when this trio of shows appeared and I thought SyFy had pulled itself out of the dregs.
Sigh!

Posts: 630 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Storm:
So "they" cancelled "Sense 8" this spring, now "Dark Matter". Which leaves "The Expanse" as the only other exceptional Sci-Fi show left.

Other than sharknado movies do they have anything else?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
They have new management and more space syfy shows coming soon. One called hyperion based on a book series sounds good. Good enough i picked up the first book for 2$ on kindle. We enjoyed the new channel 0 show, for what it was, and they have more in the works.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post