SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    a movie that can't be made today...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

a movie that can't be made today... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Any movie featuring the actor, Stepin Fetchit.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Berlin
Correspondent
Picture of BansheeOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
and likely Monty Pythons Life of Brian

Oh no. It's still OK to make fun of Christianity. Now if that movie poked fun at Muslims, it would be a different story.

Actually, "Four Lions" is proof that the tradition of Monty Python is alive and well in British filmmaking, Muslims or not.

Posts: 2416 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: April 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Blazing saddles which is a shame. Funniest movie ever!!

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
The Godfather. A film with an excellent script, excellent ensemble casting, first class acting and directing, etc. A film so good, it becomes iconic. Not possible in today's Hollywood.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16691 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I’m curious about the new Deadwood movie, how are the pussy lil millennials gonna deal with racial remarks and heaps of fucks and cocksuckers?

What about Men of Honor, with Cuba Gooding Jr. being called Cookie?

I don’t think Goodfellas could be made today. There is a line about being half a fag. The little SJW’s would be at the Chinese Theater in Hollyweird with picket signs protesting at the premier.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12626 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
The Charlie Chan films with Sidney Toler that used to run on WGN on Sunday afternoons. Number One son would be sad about this.

Also, The Cisco Kid--either film or TV. "Oh Cisco!" "Oh Pancho!"

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Oh, any of the above movies could be made today.

Getting them aired is another thing...

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Oh Pancho!"

"Cisco, let's went."

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Breakfast at Tiffany's

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Any of the Sean Connery 007 movies

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
48 Hours

Another 48 hours. Big Grin

Posts: 3516 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
kind of counterintuitive, but the 1969 footage of documentary Apollo 11 (2019) could not be shot today as they'd be hard pressed to find so many thin people. i had to look hard to find the one guy with a beer belly. even the kids were not fat.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Moving cash
for money
posted Hide Post
They shoot horses, don't they?

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout" R.I.P. R.A.H.
Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga
NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant Instructor
Red Cross Wilderness First Aid Instructor

Posts: 9912 | Location: Jawjah | Registered: December 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Many of the movies from the 80s likely can’t be made anymore. Movies like ‘Soul Man’ or ‘Heathers’

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
Smokey and the Bandit
Used Cars
Commando
Heavy Metal
Harold & Maude

Posts: 5585 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Airplane

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The SIG Kahuna
Picture of GeeTen
posted Hide Post
Finian's Rainbow - both the movie and the musical. I actually played Howard (the Tuskeegee College graduate that was the Senator's butler) in my high school production back in 1966. Guess I got cast since I was the only minority kid in the school . . . . . Big Grin

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-)

I miss Erhardt!

Posts: 2831 | Location: Red Sox/Patriots Nation | Registered: June 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LastCubScout:
Smokey and the Bandit
Used Cars
Commando
Heavy Metal
Harold & Maude

Used Cars is one of those movies that SHOULD never be re-made. It is a true classic. I remember that it came out just as people were buying VCR's . I was in a video store, (remember those),checking it out for the third or forth time, when a woman beside me at the counter said, "My husband thinks that's the funniest movie ever made." I allowed as how he was probably right. So many quotable lines including the classic, "I know where the f*#^k Miami Beach is!"

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Used Cars is one of those movies that SHOULD never be re-made.

That's the point. It CAN'T be remade today. Aside from its political incorrectness, nobody likes cars anymore. You know those excited hyper teen students they get at the end to drive the mile of cars from Mexico? Now teens would rather just sit in their room and text each other. Even the modern Fast & Furious movies had to change from car racing films into wacky spy capers to keep an audience.

By the way, me and my buddy snuck into a showing of Used Cars underage when we were 12. If you think Used Cars is extremely funny normally, Used Cars to two 12-year-olds is laugh-until-you-almost-pass-out-from-lack-of-oxygen hilarious.

quote:
I remember that it came out just as people were buying VCR's . I was in a video store (remember those? ).

I managed a video store for 20 years, so, yeah! Big Grin

Posts: 5585 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:So many quotable lines including the classic, "I know where the f*#^k Miami Beach is!"

Rabbit's foot is no protection against a red car!

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post