SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    a movie that can't be made today...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

a movie that can't be made today... Login/Join 
california
tumbles into the sea
posted
Di Niro driving a prius taxi? fuhgeddaboudit.

Someday a real rain'll come and wash all the scum off the streets.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
Pretty much anything made by Mel Brooks or National Lampoon.

Posts: 1603 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OcCurt:

Popped in my head immediately

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Trading Places

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
and likely Monty Pythons Life of Brian

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
quote:
Originally posted by OcCurt:

Popped in my head immediately

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="408" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/q-VQGdHR3Vw" width="725"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

^^^My first thought to include the scene.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gone With The Wind.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
The Jazz Singer

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Holiday Inn (1942)

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DubiousDan
posted Hide Post
Song of the South

P220
P239 (.40)
SP2340 (.40)

Posts: 200 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: July 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hillbilly Wannabe
posted Hide Post
Birth of a Nation

Posts: 2545 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Show Boat" - 1936 version.

Any Eddie Cantor in blackface movie.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MASH. You couldn't have a black character named "Spearchucker" Jones now.

Posts: 2096 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loaded Round:

Or any disparaging attempts at humor involving cross-dressing, misogyny, etc...

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
quote:
Originally posted by Loaded Round:

Or any disparaging attempts at humor involving cross-dressing, misogyny, etc...

Ace Venture: Pet Detective

“Finkle is Einhorn???”

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
and likely Monty Pythons Life of Brian

Oh no. It's still OK to make fun of Christianity. Now if that movie poked fun at Muslims, it would be a different story.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
48 Hours

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9x18:
Birth of a Nation
The Birth of a Nation (1915), D.W. Griffith.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
"Gone with the Wind"

'Cuz you know...slavery and all. Roll Eyes

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post