SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Big Trouble in Little China
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Big Trouble in Little China Login/Join 
posted
Fun movie, don't-sweat-the-details Kurt Russell....

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1527 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dgrdvm
posted Hide Post
My mind and body are one.

I love this movie and will almost always end up watching it if I am surfing and find it on. So much fun

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that'
George Carlin

Posts: 504 | Location: St Louis | Registered: June 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
"I'd go with you but..."
"I know. There's a problem with your face."

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love Jack Burton, I need to watch it soon.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This was one of the movies that got played almost on constant repeat at my house when I was a kid. We about wore that tape out.
We have a local movie theater that plays cult classics once a week. Once a year, this is played. It really is great on the big screen.

Posts: 1029 | Location: CT | Registered: March 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
Loved it as a kid, still love it as an adult.

I got a very positive attitude about this.

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Pure silly fun.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Count me in. A long-time favorite fun-movie.

Posts: 2693 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great movie. “What are going to do Wang? Chew our way out?”

Posts: 4054 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's all in the reflexes.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Green eyes!
Great movie. Big Trouble in Little China and Used Cars are my favorite Russell movies.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
The trio of movies Kurt made in the 80s with John Carpenter were all classics and favorites of mine.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
For those board gamers out there.

https://bigtroublegame.com/

Posts: 2715 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
The only DVD I ever preordered.

There's a story about that they're doing a remake. Blasphemy! Some movies need to be left the hell alone.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know what the current status is, but last I heard the remake is supposed to star Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as Jack Burton.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
<----- Wink

Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it."

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Eminently quotable movie.

Posts: 3537 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post